Cure all?

#1ZZxZukaxZZPosted 6/17/2009 7:24:06 PM
Do I have to have some sort of relic, or can you just not do it in battle?
---
Playing:Final Fantasy VI & Crystal Chronicles, FF's Beaten:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 7CC, 8, 10 (The Quest to beat them all is in process!)
Gamertag: ZZx Zuka xZZ
#2MightyOraclePosted 6/17/2009 7:35:19 PM
By "Cure all", I'm assuming you mean an MT (multi-target) Cure spell. If that is the case, then no, no Relic is needed; all you need to do is press L after selecting the spell (both out and in battle).
---
God is just someone who is playing the Sims and is so bored that just kinda letting them **** up is what he does for fun, but sadly we're the Sims. - king gimpy
#3ZZxZukaxZZ(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2009 7:43:09 PM
Thank you! =D
---
Playing:Final Fantasy VI & Crystal Chronicles, FF's Beaten:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 7CC, 8, 10 (The Quest to beat them all is in process!)
Gamertag: ZZx Zuka xZZ
#4Zhou14Posted 6/17/2009 9:07:13 PM
You can also target multiple targets with offensive spells using this same method (although not for some spells, mostly status effect spells).
---
"Oh, it's a self-motivation book, Mrs. D. I'm reading it for Kim because she can't be bothered." Sharon (Kath and Kim)
#5MeepleLardiclePosted 6/17/2009 9:17:18 PM
Might as well toss this out there...

Unlike Previous games, and similar to later games, there's no distinction in effectiveness based on # of targets. There's the ST version and the MT version, that's that. MTing a spell is 1/2 damage (with some exceptions like Meteor, which ignores this) of a single target spell, regardless if there's 2 or 6 enemies. This is contrast to games like FF4 where it'd actually split damage based on # of targets, so 3 targets being hit with the same spell would take 1/3rd damage, while 2 would take 1/2.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#6HozuPosted 6/18/2009 7:03:49 AM
The reason that you have to press L or R to target multiple targets is this game added the Side Attack and Surrounded (Pincer Attack in SNES) formations. Clearly you can't go all the way to the left to target all enemies in one of those two formations.
#7CleteromagosPosted 6/18/2009 9:08:56 PM
This is contrast to games like FF4 where it'd actually split damage based on # of targets, so 3 targets being hit with the same spell would take 1/3rd damage, while 2 would take 1/2.

Itís actually even worse than that, since itís the spell power thatís crippled before it gets put into the algorithm (i.e., before factoring in enemy magic defence), and not simply final damage/n.

I do hasten to point out that this does make the most sense conceptually, however. =p
---
New character, Dead Baby Birdo, is three fails in one! --Armydillo
Okay Funky Kong on Flame Runner. Time Trials he's a dominatrix. --KT_Koopa_Troopa
#8QuietlyInsanePosted 6/19/2009 9:42:18 AM
MeepleLardicle: you're forgetting Mantra and Flare Star.