Translation interest check

#1Arstavial_sanPosted 8/23/2010 5:42:37 AM
I see that apparently this game was never released in the states. Is there still a huge interest in a fan made translation of the game?

I'm not sure how I would go about that, perhaps is there some way to get a text file with the entire script or something? I'm new to fansubbing and what not so any information concerning translating this game or games in general would be appreciated.

I imagine I wouldn't be able to give a PERFECT translation yet, but I could probably give something pretty useful.
#2kill_ayekaPosted 8/24/2010 10:23:10 PM
That would be awesome. I know one person was done with a beta version. I own the actual game and I just wanted a translation I could either patch to it like with Fatal Frame 4 or just read on line as I was playing the game. I don't know I just feel really left out of an awesome RPG by Sakaguchi-sama.
#3kill_ayekaPosted 8/29/2010 8:22:04 PM
*bump* for a translation to an awesome game!!! Anyone know of an English translation?
#4RaingFlamePosted 9/1/2010 10:53:21 AM
Should be an English translation patch somewhere on GBATemp

I played the Chinese version so not sure where exactly english one is, but i certainly hope there will be a NA release. Loved the game myself.

Worth buying a copy just for collection.
---
" I Will Hold You In My Heart Until I Can Hold You In My Arms"
#5kill_ayekaPosted 9/4/2010 2:27:27 AM
I totally did already lol. I own a Japanese copy of ASH. I looked on GBAtempt and it seems it was only released to a select few for beta testing and no word after that =( I wish they would bring it over to the US and Europe, but it seems like it may be a lost hope.
#6kill_ayekaPosted 9/10/2010 3:07:17 AM
I wonder if there is any way to get a file of the text to translate? I'm just sitting here waiting to play this awesome game I bought lol. This is what happens when great games don't make it over to the US. Just like Fatal Frame/Zero 4. I really wish that the translation for ASH from the blog on GBATemp would be released for the public. ;_;