Wow *minor spoilish*

#1dawnsetPosted 3/10/2012 3:36:10 PM
I decided to play this again after going through the first three games and i was surprised so many people hated this game. I mean sure the new characters will take some time to get used to, but overall i liked this game. So hopefully they can continue this with AA 5.

Ontopic, do you think for the next game, they can explain Apollo's past since it was never discussed in great detail.
---
It is time to unleash the Wrightness
HG Friend code: 4211 6295 5027 Kagome
#2Zadrieck_VH7Posted 3/10/2012 6:52:17 PM
Most people generally don't like this game because of Phoenix losing his job. Also, it's not the characters (every case has it's "hate target"), but rather the story itself, because the cases drag on for too long for a plot that ends up being not so good (cases 2 and 3, for example).

About Apollo's past, yeah, that's probably going to be a major plot point if AA5 is a sequel.
---
Video games. Who'd have thought?
Currently playing: Silent Hill 3; Vandal Hearts; Parasite Eve
#3MillaMacPosted 3/11/2012 4:35:18 PM
I find apollo justice to be as enjoyable as phoenix wright. I even liked phoenix as the mentor.i thought the story was okay but I loved the characters.

I hope the AA5 continues with Apollo and flushes out his backstory while avoiding the use of too many phoenix wright tricks(spirit mediums while cool would make apollo too much like phoenix and I feel he needs to find his own leg to stand on as a character.)
---
Official Apollo Justice of the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney board
AMERICAN Thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975212-super-street-fighter-iv/56061026
#4Hotel_SecurityPosted 3/12/2012 5:49:47 AM
i was surprised so many people hated this game.

Me too. I read all the negativity before I played it and I couldnít believe it. I mean the game is SO similar to all the other gamesÖsame humor, same gameplay and everything. I mean itís probably slightly worse plot-wise than the others but no way did it justify all the crap I read on it.

Most people generally don't like this game because of Phoenix losing his job.

Yeah, way too many freaking out about this. I guess they couldnít stand someone changing over ten years, nevermind that itís quite realistic for someone to change in that way. I liked both Case 2 & 3 though it was pretty obvious who did it in both cases, I liked how the plots unraveled. And the 4th case was a bit anticlimactic but mostly because the big surprises are during the investigation and not the actual trial.

I find apollo justice to be as enjoyable as phoenix wright

I found him to be almost identical. And Trucy was just as silly as Maya which was refreshing as well. I did like the Spirit Medium stuff but I figured they couldnít keep abusing that mechanic.
#5SmashStrikePosted 3/15/2012 6:46:51 PM
It's a good game but it has quite a few problems (plotholes galore, the story isn't all that exciting, new characters are iffy, ect.)

It's not on the same level of the Phoenix Wright trilogy and Investigations imo.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#6Hotel_SecurityPosted 3/19/2012 11:46:21 AM(edited)
It's a good game but it has quite a few problems (plotholes galore, the story isn't all that exciting, new characters are iffy, ect.)

Eh, I donít think there are as many plotholes as many would say, and to say so would imply that the other games also donít have plotholes when they do. The new characters arenít bad at all and are developed nicely. Plus Apollo and Trucy are so similar to Phoenix and Maya that to rip on one is to rip on the other. The story, I agree, is not as epic as the other games, but it kept me interested. The Perceive thing was pretty weak (though it was only used sparingly) and I did miss my Magatama...at least until the last case.

Investigations

Heh. Iím playing that one right now. Just started the second case thatís on the airplane. So far itís alright but to me Miles is a bit of a dud since he really doesnít have much of a personalityÖit seems like most of the character and humor has to come from the characters around him. I know lots of folks like Miles and he has a nice story arc but his personality could use some help. Though, Iím early in the game so weíll see where it goes.
#7SmashStrikePosted 3/19/2012 5:26:36 PM
Hotel, dude. I get it you love love love this game and don't think any of its criticisms are valid, I disagree. You don't have to address someone every time they think differently than you. It's already implicit by the fact that we both gave general impressions of the game and they were different. Responding by reiterating things you've already said adds nothing to a discussion.
---
#8Hotel_SecurityPosted 3/26/2012 9:56:01 AM(edited)
. I get it you love love love this game

But I donít. Itís a good game but didnít blow me away. I do probably like it more than JFA though but thatís not saying much. Iím just tired of the constant whining. And most of it isnít about the GAME. Itís because they didnít like the direction they took Phoenix or other petty crap that has nothing to do with whether the actual game is fun to play. Of course, now youíre whining about me repeating myself. LovelyÖ

You don't have to address someone every time they think differently than you.

Itís a message board. One person posts a message. The next person responds to said message. This isnít that complicated. Itís not like these boards are hopping with activity hereÖ

Responding by reiterating things you've already said

AwwÖyou read what I already posted? How sweet.

Of course, I have no clue which of my posts youíve already read so please just give me a checklist with your next post, thanks.

Or how about we just let the board die? Would that be better?

Gotta admit that it's interesting that someone who is positive about the game is being accused of trolling it's boards. Now I've seen everything. Sorry about not being a negative jerk.
#9SmashStrikePosted 3/27/2012 12:57:12 PM
Or you could just be butthurt someone doesn't agree with you and run off on irrelevant tangents. That works too I guess.
---
#10Hotel_SecurityPosted 3/27/2012 1:49:08 PM
Or you could just be butthurt someone doesn't agree with you

There are far easier ways to get butthurt than that. And I only seek to shoot down STUPID arguments against the game. There are a number of legitimate ones, of course. Itís just the stupid ones that need to be stomped down into dust. Funny how these people who make these comments seem to go away once I call them out. Hard to defend the indefensible.

and run off on irrelevant tangents.

I donít start those. I just follow where others lead. Can be quite an adventure if you donít take it too seriously.

Also nice of you to comment on my irrelevant tangent with an irrelevant tangent. Oh sweet, sexy irony.

That works too I guess.

Glad you agree. It's fun, yes?