Round 2...

#1bodrockPosted 9/4/2012 4:15:51 PM
I played this game when it was first released for about an hour and a half -- after playing Growlanser II & III, expectations were indeed high. But for some reason or other, this one didn't seem to quite click right away, and my save-file stayed shortly after being able to control Haschen.

Now, riding high offa Wayfarer of Time, I thought I'd give this one another chance (having nearly seen all endings/routes in IV!) and although I still miss the 2D sprites, am enjoying it. I know there aren't multiple routes with this one, but I so hope that it's not too difficult to create a near-perfect save-file for multiple "friendship" ending scenes. I'm thinking of seeing Melvina, Korin, and Sherris's endings...
---
GAME-ON://ALPHA.PROTOCOL/GROWL4N5ER/
#2kratoscar2008Posted 9/8/2012 1:42:38 AM
bodrock posted...
I played this game when it was first released for about an hour and a half -- after playing Growlanser II & III, expectations were indeed high. But for some reason or other, this one didn't seem to quite click right away, and my save-file stayed shortly after being able to control Haschen.

Now, riding high offa Wayfarer of Time, I thought I'd give this one another chance (having nearly seen all endings/routes in IV!) and although I still miss the 2D sprites, am enjoying it. I know there aren't multiple routes with this one, but I so hope that it's not too difficult to create a near-perfect save-file for multiple "friendship" ending scenes. I'm thinking of seeing Melvina, Korin, and Sherris's endings...

its very easy to get a perfect save file, in your first go as long as you read a guide otherwise its hard good you gave it another chance i have finished 3 times already.
#3bodrock(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2012 10:25:21 AM
Thanks kratos! I'm chasing after the mutant screaper (still kinda early in the game), but some of the battles were intense! I knew the game would be lots of fun as soon as I had to rush up the mountain to take out Rockbein.

I think I beat that mission with like 5 seconds left to clear the area! ;)

I still prefer the 2D sprites over the polygons, but I'll live -- the combat is still fun. I've finally gotten used to the plates placement and thinkin around them, and although I liked the Rings, this system works well too.

The only thing I'm going to "complain" about is that I wish that more girls had endings, like we had with Wayfarer of Time!

Well, Romina would be enough. Unless there's a currently-unknown reason she isn't (don't tell me!!) ;p
---
GAME-ON://TALES.of.the.ABYSS/GROWLAN5ER/