Question about putting this on multiple computers

#1ian2093Posted 3/15/2012 10:18:26 AM
Basically, can I put this game on multiple computers? I've never been much of a PC gaming aficionado, so I'm also curious as to games like Warcraft III and StarCraft II. I'm going to be getting a laptop probably in early June, so is there a way to get Diablo III on both my PC at home and then my laptop for when I'm at college? Can I just install it on both?

And then this is a bit tangential, but if my CDs for Warcraft III are not usable, but the game is attached to my Battle.net account, can I download it onto my laptop?
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#2jake-sfPosted 3/15/2012 10:24:30 AM
As far as the recent games are concerned, D3 and SC2, you can download, install and play them from anywhere. There's no install limit or whatever either.
#3MonopomanPosted 3/15/2012 10:40:21 AM
The game requires a login to your battle.net account to play since this is the case they don't care how many computers you put it on.

Realize though that if you for instance want to run 2 copies of Diablo 3 at the very same time you will need to buy 2 copies of the game though.

They don't care if you have it on 1 computer or 100 computers though.
#4ian2093(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2012 10:49:40 AM
Ah okay, thanks. But then how about Warcraft III? Does anyone know about that one?
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#5MonopomanPosted 3/15/2012 11:06:27 AM(edited)
ian2093 posted...
Ah okay, thanks. But then how about Warcraft III? Does anyone know about that one?

All games older then World of Warcraft do not require login to play and therefore are not allowed to have on multiple computers without multiple purchases.

So this would be Diablo 2 Warcraft 3 Starcraft 1 etc...

Its not hard to put them on multiple computers but you are breaking copyright laws.
#6CronosPrimePosted 3/15/2012 11:09:02 AM
You could still have those on multiple computers. That isn't against any law. Thats why they require the disc inside the PC in order to play it. In fact, if you get the downloadable versions of Diablo 2 and Starcraft 1, you don't even need the disc and you can download them to as many computer as you want.
---
Not exactly the sharpest brick in the shed
#7ConstantlaggerPosted 3/15/2012 12:11:03 PM(edited)
monop posted...
ian2093 posted...

All games older then World of Warcraft do not require login to play and therefore are not allowed to have on multiple computers without multiple purchases.

So this would be Diablo 2 Warcraft 3 Starcraft 1 etc...

Its not hard to put them on multiple computers but you are breaking copyright laws.

You don't quite have that fully right. Even with the classic games, you can install them as many times on as many computers as you like using the very same CD Key. Not breaking any "laws" you might be thinking of either. When you do that though, those copies of the game can't be on battle.net at the same time regardless of accounts.

When I got new computers, I just simply reinstalled everything, same CD-KEY and all since I know I won't be using my old ones for anything.
---
Laaaaaag!