How can you use the regular melee attack?

#1blablahmehPosted 4/20/2012 7:34:30 PM
The only info I could google on this was this thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930659-diablo-iii/62396798

I don't seem to be able to post in it, but does the method described in there a while ago still work?

I've been trying to replace a slot with the default melee attack now as I started playing the open beta, but can't figure out how to.
#2godrifle1Posted 4/20/2012 7:54:34 PM
I figured it out.

You have to bind both your right/left click to the same power. The same power can't be used in both slots, so one of them frees up and turns into default melee.
#3BDSMPosted 4/20/2012 8:07:24 PM
I gotta ask, what class and why?

Everyone starts with a superior zero cost/super cheap/resource building attack that exceeds the basic in either damage, utility or more often.....both.
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
#4WiNGSPANTTPosted 4/20/2012 9:28:48 PM
Because you can't use certain abilities with certain weapons.
---
My site: http://www.TopTierTactics.com
T3 is all about extremely serious competitive gaming news & opinion articles.
#5FindKenshiPosted 4/20/2012 9:30:57 PM
Don't worry about them taking away regular attack anymore. The way the skill system is set up in this game, there won't be any such thing as "melee sorcs" or whatever anymore. There is ZERO customization in this game.

They got rid of cookie cutters by making every character the exact same build.

Zero customization in diablo 3.
---
From this day forward, I will troll no more forever.
17 JAN 2012
#6A7xdPosted 4/20/2012 9:33:34 PM
Wait what? Do I really have to use a skill with every single attack? I mean it's fine for like the demon hunter or the witch doctor but it takes a lot away from the other classes. I've yet to try them however so we'll see how barb and early sorc turn out
#7WagonTronkPosted 4/20/2012 9:54:21 PM
I had this same problem too, and eventually figured it out. If it's the same for other classes as it is for the Witch Doctor (which I'm assuming is the case), you go to the bar on the bottom with your skills (I think it has to be a right- or left-click skill), and drag the icon away from the bar, then just drop it somewhere away from the bar. The skill will go away, and the melee attack will replace it.
---
Check out my book: 'The Year in StarCraft II: 2011' !!
http://yearinsc2.com
#8blablahmeh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 1:49:51 AM
anyone know if this is even still possible?
#9blablahmeh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 1:57:21 AM
blablahmeh posted...
anyone know if this is even still possible?

ops, disregard that last post, forgot to refresh the page *facepalm*

Thanks for the replies, I'm gonna get in game and try switching a "power" around now.

As for the reason; I wanted to play an agility/mobility-focused swordsman kind of character in D3, and a monk with a sword would be the closest to that. I guess I'd need to try out the barb too, or maybe the DH.
#10blablahmeh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 2:20:16 AM
damnit, there doesn't seem to be any way to drag a skill at the skill-bar as a monk. Perhaps the monk is ****ed in this respect then?