Do you need the disk to play?

#1me3x12Posted 5/15/2012 6:56:05 AM
I'm either going to DD or just get the disk from the store today. But I need to know if i get a hard copy once I install can I just launch from desktop or do I need the disk in to play?

What is the best way to go? DD or hard copy?
#2FlyinBrianPosted 5/15/2012 6:58:27 AM
requiring the disk to play went out of style years ago
---
Sanity's really just a one trick pony, you just get one trick: rational thought. But when you're good and crazy, oh baby! The skies the limit! - The Tick
#3ZombieAkanePosted 5/15/2012 6:58:45 AM
Nah you just need your battle.net account to be licensed to play.
---
i5 2500k@4ghz | MSI Radeon 6990 | 8GB DDR3 | Antec Dark Fleet DF-10 | Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
#4TheSuspectedPosted 5/15/2012 7:00:03 AM
Trying to download the game right now is a nightmare. It would be well worth the drive (well, that depends) to have a physical copy. If you were asking this question last week, I'd say digital though.
---
PSN/Steam: NaRD2ndG | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg Currently Streaming BBCSEx and preparing for Mass Effect 3
#5me3x12(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 7:01:37 AM
So let me ask you this then. Once I get if DD if I decide to go that route can I re download again later if needed like if my PC goes bad or something and I get a new PC does Blizzard remember I puchased it and let me re download it or whatever?
#6FlyinBrianPosted 5/15/2012 7:02:46 AM
yeah, you have a battle.net account, as long as you remember the login/password you have access to any games tied to the account
---
Sanity's really just a one trick pony, you just get one trick: rational thought. But when you're good and crazy, oh baby! The skies the limit! - The Tick
#7MoegittoPosted 5/15/2012 7:09:18 AM
You can download the game client from your battlenet account. You can play on any computer that can run the game, but only log on to one at a time.
---
iPhone 4S, PC, Wii
#8me3x12(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 7:21:22 AM
Cool maybe I'll just play some Max Payne 3 for a bit and let the servers calm down a bit then DD it.
#9sprinter24Posted 5/15/2012 7:25:09 AM
So I have two computers that can run the game. If I go out and buy it I won't be able to play co-op with my friend or family member unless I buy two copies?
#10Richter13Posted 5/15/2012 11:08:00 AM
You can install the game using the same CD - on as many machines as you want.

However - to play the game - you need to have a Battle.net account and activate Diablo 3 for it.

You can only log your Battle.net account on ONE machine at a time.

============================

This means you need to buy another copy of Diablo 3:
- to get another activation cd-key
- to use it on a DIFFERENT battle.net account for activation
- to have a friend log using that so the both of you can play the game at the same time
---
"Counselling is done best if you're taking advantage of the woman" -yours truly