Best Hardcore Class?

#1TimmotheussPosted 5/23/2012 7:33:56 PM
Gonna be starting HC with friends soon. I already have 2 DHs so I don't really want to make a new one, and I heard barbs start sucking at high difficulties. Not really interested in WDs, Wizards seem frail, monks might be what I'm leaning towards but that's what my friends going to be so I'm not sure. I can be persuaded into the other classes though, so if you have a good argument for another class and why it's good I'd be happy to hear it.
---
GT: Pip Tc
Add if you're looking for MW3 teammates
#2mursamaPosted 5/23/2012 7:35:57 PM
wizards are not as frail as you think, infact they have one of the better 'on hit defensive' skills then most of the characters.

they also have good snares and slows as well.
---
Internet, the home of the sportsmen, martial artists, muscians, entrepeneurs and economists we never see
#3EnragedSlithPosted 5/23/2012 7:39:11 PM
By the time my hardcore Wizard was finished with normal, he had over 6k hp on top of a number of defensive spells.
#4Timmotheuss(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 7:45:58 PM
EnragedSlith posted...
By the time my hardcore Wizard was finished with normal, he had over 6k hp on top of a number of defensive spells.

That much? Jeeze. Might be worth taking a look into then. I made one for a few levels in normal and he wasn't too bad especially for DPS.
---
GT: Pip Tc
Add if you're looking for MW3 teammates
#5IcewitchPosted 5/23/2012 7:48:13 PM
I really wouldn't recommend playing a melee class in HC...

The vast majority of boss affixes are anti-melee. That extra "30%" damage resistance sounds nice on paper but in reality melee classes are taking loads of damage and are the ones who die most frequently due to gimmicky stuff like exploding monsters, Molten, Plague, Desecrator, Lightning, Arcane Enchanted, etc.
---
And she moved like ice
She was cruel and blue like ice
#6EnragedSlithPosted 5/23/2012 9:14:54 PM
Timmotheuss posted...
EnragedSlith posted...

That much? Jeeze. Might be worth taking a look into then. I made one for a few levels in normal and he wasn't too bad especially for DPS.

The idea is that any class can tank a lot of damage if you stack vitality. Vitality is so good, I suspect that Blizzard will probably nerf it for ranged classes.