fun build with Infinite mana pool and max dps for witch doctor

#1diob1Posted 5/28/2012 6:45:30 AM
I dunno if this has been posted already somewhere, but I thought of sharing some nice and fun trick while tweaking my witch doctor.
This is especially usefull in the harder difficulties...
You can have an infinite mana pool while doing max dps by choosing the right skills. The idea is to have 4 skills with cooldowns all the time. For example here's my setup:

Have your mana regeneration per second at least 35+ (40 preferred)

Passive 1 - Spiritual Attunement (extra mana and additional regen)
Passive 2 - Pierce the Veil (max damage + 20%)
Passive 3 - Vision Quest (mana regen +300% when you have 4 skills on CD)

1: Spirit Walk: Honored Guest (CD1 and for the extra mana regen and escapes from crowds)
2: Fetish Army: Legion Of Daggers (CD2 and additional tanks and dps)
3: Mass Confusion : Mass Hysteria (CD3 and crowd control)
4: Gargantuan (CD4 and Extra Tank and dps)

left mouse - Haunt: consuming spirit (for some additional DPS and life stealing when needed)
Right Mouse: Dire Bats or If you want to mass puke and have alaugh: Acid Cloud for dps.

With this build you can keep your right mouse pressed and spam infinite dire bats or acid clouds everywhere whithout completely losing all of your mana!

Enjoy!
---
"Where's everybody going? Bingo??"
Resident Evil 4
#2nuvioPosted 5/28/2012 6:48:46 AM
VQ builds like this are only good until inferno.

But it is a fun build to lvl with. Personally I grab SH and zombie charger with explosive beast until I unlocked bears pre inferno.
#3Jeh64Posted 5/28/2012 6:49:47 AM
Sounds fun, may give it a try.
#4KejeLLPosted 5/28/2012 6:55:15 AM
VQ builds are great from lvl 40 to inferno but they are simply useless after act 1 inferno. Mainly because you need to have your spirit walk ready and not spammed to be kept on cooldown at the wrong times. You should get used to rely more on CC and not so much on VQ + direbat/zombie bear spam
---
http://totalrevue.com/
#5EricxcPosted 5/28/2012 6:59:41 AM
That is basically my inferno build.
---
:3
#6James MasonPosted 5/28/2012 3:34:52 PM
This build has been kind to me (You can switch Big Bad Voodoo for something else, or with a different rune depending of what you want)... It has good survivability.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afQRdU!UWV!acbaZZ

The VQ issue isn't that bad for two reasons :

1 - Asides from Big Bad Voodoo (which you can switch for something else), the three other cooldown spells are on a 15 second timer , which is pretty short, while all of them have their own benefits. During that 15 second time, you have infinite mana, so you'll be spamming bears left and right. The biggest problem with VQ is timing your cooldowns, while with this build, you'll have your attacks always synced and all of your cooldowns have a purpose and help you survive.

You're not really wasting your spells, as Hex gives you health back while turning potential elites into chickens, Soul Syphon heals you and increases your dmg and spirit walk allows you to relocate , fill your mana and dodge incoming attacks.

The strategy is simple, you get somewhat close to a mob of enemies, trigger Big Bad Voodoo if it's not on cooldown, then you move slightly up, trigger Hex and Soul Siphon almost simultaneously, which should set up some health regen, then you can trigger Spirit Walk to relocate at the best area to trigger a crasy amount of bears. In between bear casts, you can use the darts to weaken survivors or simply hit foes out of range. Normally, the bears should kill the mobs and create health globes, but if not, you can either use a health pot or wait a few seconds and trigger your cooldown spells.

It's somewhat hard to explain how to time it right, but with a smarm of bears every 15 seconds, healing and relocating taken care of, along with a strong long range takedown weapon, you're pretty versatile.

If you're swarmed by elites, you grab what health globe you can find, chug your potion and walk back, having only to survive like 10 seconds before Spirit Walk triggers back up, which in turns recharges your mana, allowing you to cast both Hex and Soul Siphon to restore health while your potion is on cooldown, then you can redo a bear attack, repeating and falling back in between castings.

The great thing is that soul syphon and hex restore health without having to immobilise yourself. Best method to heal up is to trigger hex first, as you'll get a random 2000 or so HP every now and then, get near enemies and trigger Soul Siphon, then finish up with a cast of Spirit Walk to lose the mob and set yourself up for another 15 seconds of unlimited high damage bear casting.
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper
#7WalkingLobstersPosted 5/28/2012 3:38:24 PM
everyone uses this build except they change dire bats with zombie bears
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/5l6hsj.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/11989xv.jpg
Starcraft 2 Username = Gears
#8KejeLLPosted 5/28/2012 4:06:54 PM
This build has been kind to me (You can switch Big Bad Voodoo for something else, or with a different rune depending of what you want)... It has good survivability.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afQRdU!UWV!acbaZZ

The VQ issue isn't that bad for two reasons :

1 - Asides from Big Bad Voodoo (which you can switch for something else), the three other cooldown spells are on a 15 second timer , which is pretty short, while all of them have their own benefits. During that 15 second time, you have infinite mana, so you'll be spamming bears left and right. The biggest problem with VQ is timing your cooldowns, while with this build, you'll have your attacks always synced and all of your cooldowns have a purpose and help you survive.

You're not really wasting your spells, as Hex gives you health back while turning potential elites into chickens, Soul Syphon heals you and increases your dmg and spirit walk allows you to relocate , fill your mana and dodge incoming attacks.

The strategy is simple, you get somewhat close to a mob of enemies, trigger Big Bad Voodoo if it's not on cooldown, then you move slightly up, trigger Hex and Soul Siphon almost simultaneously, which should set up some health regen, then you can trigger Spirit Walk to relocate at the best area to trigger a crasy amount of bears. In between bear casts, you can use the darts to weaken survivors or simply hit foes out of range. Normally, the bears should kill the mobs and create health globes, but if not, you can either use a health pot or wait a few seconds and trigger your cooldown spells.

It's somewhat hard to explain how to time it right, but with a smarm of bears every 15 seconds, healing and relocating taken care of, along with a strong long range takedown weapon, you're pretty versatile.

If you're swarmed by elites, you grab what health globe you can find, chug your potion and walk back, having only to survive like 10 seconds before Spirit Walk triggers back up, which in turns recharges your mana, allowing you to cast both Hex and Soul Siphon to restore health while your potion is on cooldown, then you can redo a bear attack, repeating and falling back in between castings.

The great thing is that soul syphon and hex restore health without having to immobilise yourself. Best method to heal up is to trigger hex first, as you'll get a random 2000 or so HP every now and then, get near enemies and trigger Soul Siphon, then finish up with a cast of Spirit Walk to lose the mob and set yourself up for another 15 seconds of unlimited high damage bear casting.

What act and difficulty are you in? And what's your health/dps/res?
---
http://totalrevue.com/
#9diob1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2012 6:12:38 AM
I do not have zombie bears yet since I was lvl 54 when i wrote this.
But the good thing about dire bats is that they travel through walls, through enemies and travel quite some distance.
I'm not sure about the bears, since i have not tried them yet. But the zombie dogs do not travel through walls nor enemies as they explode on encounter, so I sticked with the bats!
---
"Where's everybody going? Bingo??"
Resident Evil 4