Demon Hunter Item Stats

#1DarkdragonitezPosted 6/2/2012 9:15:04 AM
Hi all, I was just wondering what stats are the best for a demon hunter? Should I stack resistance like other classes (and hopefully survive more than a hit?)

Thanks a lot in advance for your input.
#2Dark VaporeonPosted 6/2/2012 9:16:13 AM
Stack dex and vitallity.

Dex Dex Dex and more dex if you think you dont have enough vitallity you probably dont have enough Dex.
---
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Eternity ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When yesterday is gone, and tomorrow never comes.
#3HydroCannabinolPosted 6/2/2012 9:18:01 AM
Other dude is flat out wrong and dumb.

First priority is attack speed. Then dex and hatred regen after that. Depending on build, you want +dicipline too as much as possible. Finally you can get Vit or +crit whichever you prefer.
---
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#4pdzero91Posted 6/2/2012 9:24:27 AM
^also wrong

hey bro, DH is the glass cannon spec, if u want to survive more than 1 hit max roll another class, your job is to not get hit and kill before that can happen, SS and caltrops with 2 second immobilize rune are your friend

you want to stack as much dex as possible, attack speed is very good as is crit chance and damage, although there value varies on if you use sharpshooter and which type of weapon you use with archery

pro tip, save gold for legendaries that have MOVE SPEED in slots that dont normally get them, aka not boots, this allows you to manually dodge with movement MUCH easier since our hitboxes havnt been fixed to a smaller size yet
#5Darkdragonitez(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 1:54:12 PM
I see, I was wondering whether I could survive a hit in act 3/4 if I buff up my resistance a bit. I will go for pure damage then. Thank you all for your input :)
#6noz3r0Posted 6/2/2012 2:01:14 PM
Darkdragonitez posted...
I see, I was wondering whether I could survive a hit in act 3/4 if I buff up my resistance a bit. I will go for pure damage then. Thank you all for your input :)

I prioritize Dex, Crit Damage, IAS in that order. Archery, Tactical Advantage, Sharpshooter Passives. I have like 11k HP but having 30k HP and high resistance didn't matter anyways. 85K DPS with Sharpshooter, Act III Inferno. Crit Chance is great if you aren't using a 2H Crossbow with Sharpshooter and should be second after Dex in that case. Movement Speed is excellent for kiting, but I don't use it since I do just fine without it.
---
Currently writing a guide for: Diablo III
Prolific Contributor: www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/32351.html
#7BowtotheTWIGPosted 6/2/2012 2:32:08 PM
noz3r0 posted...
Darkdragonitez posted...

I prioritize Dex, Crit Damage, IAS in that order. Archery, Tactical Advantage, Sharpshooter Passives. I have like 11k HP but having 30k HP and high resistance didn't matter anyways. 85K DPS with Sharpshooter, Act III Inferno. Crit Chance is great if you aren't using a 2H Crossbow with Sharpshooter and should be second after Dex in that case. Movement Speed is excellent for kiting, but I don't use it since I do just fine without it.

Any way I could see your items? I'm running 35k DPS, but don't use Sharpshooter. Prioritizing Dex, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, IAS, MS, Vitality, in that order. Other stats mean nothing, or are nice filler (gold, magic find, w/e)
---
Ratings FF Games (out of 10): I 7, II 5, III 6, IV 9.5, V 7, VI 8, VII 8, VIII 9.5, IX 8.5, X 9, X2 7, XII 6, XIII 8, XIII2 7.5XXIV 2 FFTA 9, FFTA2 8, FF4HoL 5.
#8StandardPhantomPosted 6/2/2012 2:44:52 PM
Attack speed
Dex
Crit Damage (swap with Crit Chance if you're a bow user)
Crit Chance (swap with Crit Damage if you're a xbow user)
Move speed
Vita
#9StandardPhantomPosted 6/2/2012 2:45:39 PM
StandardPhantom posted...
Attack speed
Dex
Crit Damage (swap with Crit Chance if you're a bow user)
Crit Chance (swap with Crit Damage if you're a xbow user)
Move speed
Vita

Forgot to add that you should aim to have at least 50 Discipline if not more.