I can't beat the butcher on hell >.>

#1Ice_ShieldPosted 6/4/2012 7:39:05 PM
I'm a Barb, level 54. I just spent a good half hour buying equips in the AH (nothing for more than 10k each equip) and I figured that I would just tank him. Unfortunately; I died getting him down by only about a quarter of his health. I've got my passive skills to increase my armor by my vitality, to increase my armor by 25%, and to make my Battle Rage regenerate 1% of my HP per second. I'm using frenzy with the 20% chance to stun and deal extra damage, rend which recovers 9% HP dealth, ground stomp to freeze and slow, revenge to heal 5% (activated 30% of all hits) and then Earthquake on the 105 second cooldown rune.

With War Cry I've got a damage stat of about 7500, armor at 5000 and HP at about 19k. Any helpful hints? His attacks bring me down a good 40% of my health, combined with the fire makes me an easy two hit KO. Stunning and earthquake takes a good chunk of his health but I die before I can re-earthquake.
---
SNES FAQ Completion Project
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000094-faq-contributors-general/60384415
#2EternalFlame66Posted 6/4/2012 7:39:47 PM
Leave your battletag Ill send you an invite and help you with it.
---
Such is your fate.
#3Ice_Shield(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 7:43:49 PM
I'm not really one to multiplayer. I appreciate the help but I prefer to solo. At least until Inferno.
---
#4djprofessork1Posted 6/4/2012 7:44:28 PM
Ice_Shield posted...
I'm a Barb, level 54. I just spent a good half hour buying equips in the AH (nothing for more than 10k each equip) and I figured that I would just tank him. Unfortunately; I died getting him down by only about a quarter of his health. I've got my passive skills to increase my armor by my vitality, to increase my armor by 25%, and to make my Battle Rage regenerate 1% of my HP per second. I'm using frenzy with the 20% chance to stun and deal extra damage, rend which recovers 9% HP dealth, ground stomp to freeze and slow, revenge to heal 5% (activated 30% of all hits) and then Earthquake on the 105 second cooldown rune.

With War Cry I've got a damage stat of about 7500, armor at 5000 and HP at about 19k. Any helpful hints? His attacks bring me down a good 40% of my health, combined with the fire makes me an easy two hit KO. Stunning and earthquake takes a good chunk of his health but I die before I can re-earthquake.

Your health seems low in comparison to your damage.

Also that build seems bad for him, pick Wrath of the Berserker with dodge rune and pick Ignore Pain. Also that war cry passive sucks, pick the 2 armor passives and a damage passive like berserker rage.

Youve got all these AOE abilities like Ground stomp, rend, revenge, those all suck against bosses.
#5AllGodsDiePosted 6/4/2012 7:45:49 PM
Ice_Shield posted...

Your health is pretty low for a barb. My dh had like 25k health and twice your dmg.
#6TheWarhammeronlPosted 6/4/2012 7:46:42 PM
Welcome to endgame.

It really starts to suck once you hit level 60.

So I get 5 stacks of NV right? I have a highly defensive build like you do, because you have to, to kill elites.

But even if The Butcher isn't touching you, in your defensive build, you will hit his enrage timer, and you will die.

The only way to beat him, is to switch to a more offensive build for the fight.

At your level that doesn't matter, but when it costs you your NV stacks you realise how stupid every thing i listed (Enrage timers, NV) is.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#7mphsht6Posted 6/4/2012 7:47:30 PM
my barb had 33k health at that point and I had trouble beating him, you need to sacrifice some dps and be able to take more hits, also you may wanna play around with your build a bit, I personally find rend to be useless.
---
PSN: Falcon-02
#8gatorattack05Posted 6/4/2012 7:48:37 PM
Butcher is the easiest boss in the game for barbs.
All of his attacks are avoidable. Points to watch out for

When he hops, move to his side. He is about to lay the hammer

Shortly after he usually charges. He always charges in your direction so try and make sure you are near the health cauldrons.

If you are forced to leave his melee range because of fire, run around him to avoid being hooked.

Basically, just tank and spank that bizzle.
#9Ice_Shield(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 7:56:18 PM
Alright, I've switched up rend for hammer of the ancients, revenge for ancient spear, and ground stomp for ignore pain, I switched out one ruby gem for an amethyst but the rest of my sockets are filled with amethyst (except my weapon). I feel like switch out any of my armor for vitality will just make the fight last even longer.

I've been getting him down to around 25% but that's when the entire ground ignites in flames almost everywhere and I just get AoE'd to death.
---
#10LOLSUP_IMSGOODPosted 6/4/2012 7:58:56 PM
Zerg zerg zerg. That's how melee deal with Butcher.