Vault of the Assassin checkpoint.

#1DippinSaucePosted 8/13/2012 3:59:21 PM
How do I get it? Which part of the soulstone quest do I have to be on?
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/14o9gcg.jpg
#2reddevil86Posted 8/13/2012 4:01:40 PM(edited)
It's in the Desolate sands, and is the place where you find one of Kulle's jar of blood. The north of the area leads to The Terminal where Kulle's body is placed and gets revived and etc.
---
It's a BARBARITY that CLARITY is a RARITY
#3DivineWraithPosted 8/13/2012 4:51:22 PM
Just start it on the Soulstone Chamber. This way, if you feel like killing ZK, you can get to him without having to go through the stuff before him. You will lose the vault checkpoint if you do kill him though.

You just need to find the vault in the desolate sands. It always spawns since it's a quest area, so just keep looking if you can't find it.

You will checkpoint upon entering. Every new game you start will start you at the entrance of the vault, make sure to step outside and back in before going off to get your NV stack so you have the vault location marked on your map in case you lose your town portal.
#4themaster627Posted 8/13/2012 7:42:32 PM
I always see mention of stepping out to mark it on the map, but it seems pretty unnecessary. You will always start inside of it as long as you don't cross another checkpoint, and you can clear the vault first so you don't have to worry about needing to get back to it. After you finish other areas and the run is over, just restart and you're back in it.
---
All weapons are ripped off from some caveman that threw rocks at his wife. -jappur2803
#5Enhancer_Posted 8/13/2012 7:43:54 PM
Except if you're doing a real run you're going to come across a checkpoint. Road to Alcarnus has one off the top of my head.
#6themaster627Posted 8/13/2012 7:59:51 PM
No it doesn't. This is my run:

Vault (7 mobs at least)
Sewers of Caldeum (1-2)
Black Canyon Mines (2-3)
Road to Alcarnus (1-2 across the bridge)
Path to the Oasis (next to it in the sewers, 1)

There are no checkpoints and you will resume back in the vault. That yields 12 mobs at the lowest end, usually over 15, and can be done in 15 minutes with enough damage. Also, the area north of Black Canyon Mines might be worthwhile. I've been experimenting but haven't decided if the time investment is worth it yet.
---
All weapons are ripped off from some caveman that threw rocks at his wife. -jappur2803