Does this game have local co-op play?

#1MashYouGoodPosted 2/9/2012 11:39:30 PM
In 'local' I mean 2 (or more) players on the same PC.

Also, what camera options will this game have? Will allow for zooming, a la DSIII in single-player?

(thanks)
#2MaxxKilbridePosted 2/9/2012 11:54:19 PM
You can zoom, with the Z button.

And 2 players on the same PC? What, split-screen? Of course not. There will be no LAN, either. Always on connection. 4 players per game, max.
#3MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 12:22:20 AM
It's an 'isometric' view -- why would it need to be split-screen to have local multi? And also, there are plenty of split-screen games for PC. Not all of us are your stereotypical, basement dwelling PC gamer loner, you know. -_-

Subsequently however, I've discovered this game needs to be online at all times to be played. So that not only answers the local co-op question without a doubt, but also ends my interest in this game, dead.

Good day.
#4MaxxKilbridePosted 2/10/2012 12:28:08 AM
Mm, alright. I also don't get this basement dweller thing. Heard it forever, but not yet in my life have I actually heard of / seen a person in their basement being on the PC all the time. Oh well.

And you said 2 players on the same PC...not LAN. You should have said same Network. Split-screen is just weird on a PC...not only cause monitors are usually much smaller than TV's(I have a 24'' monitor), but in the first place, split-screen is awkward and I hope it dies forever. I could never play any game splitscreen without being annoyed to hell.

Sad to see someone not play Diablo 3 for a pathetic of a reason as yours, but ya know'...

You could buy the game...wait for a 'fix', and then use Tunngle to play it VIA LAN. It's what people do for StarCraft 2 to play it VIA LAN.
#5MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 12:37:09 AM
MaxxKilbride posted...
split-screen is awkward and I hope it dies forever

With statements like that, I'd be more considered where I'd direct terms like "pathetic".

As I implied, some of us have real friends to play video games with. And there's no way I'm paying money for a game that forces me to be online all the time; effectively playing the game 'their' way. It's tantamount to that 'online pass' idiocy.

I'll laugh if pirated copies of the game CAN be played offline... lol! Like how Ubisoft's online verification system went down the other day, leaving only the pirates able to play games otherwise requiring a constant Internet connection. Oh, the irony! lol
#6NarcelesPosted 2/10/2012 12:45:32 AM
As I implied, some of us have real friends to play video games with.

Aww, that's so cute. Are you also implying the only way to play a game with your "real" friends is on a split screen/same screen setup? I have 2 roommates and we'll all be playing this together in the same apartment. Your loss I guess?
---
"Narceles, don't try to argue or reason with hippies and commies." -menalaos1971
Lazarus threw the party. Lazarus threw the fight.
#7MaxxKilbridePosted 2/10/2012 12:47:33 AM
Yeah. I have real friends, and we all have lives, which means they can't be coming over to my place all the time. It's much more effective for us to play online.

And play their game their way? The audacity! How could they?!

Laugh away, because yes they can. Tunngle allows such things. :P
#8MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 12:48:40 AM(edited)
^ ^ Didn't even suggest split-screen. Scott Nomates over there did.

Nice fail flame, though... http://i43.tinypic.com/rlwbbp.jpg
#9MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 12:49:24 AM
MaxxKilbride posted...
Yeah. I have real friends, and we all have lives, which means they can't be coming over to my place all the time.

Lag away then, Forest. Lag away ^_-
#10NarcelesPosted 2/10/2012 12:51:23 AM
Lag away then, Forest. Lag away ^_-

And here I thought it was the year 2012.
---
"Narceles, don't try to argue or reason with hippies and commies." -menalaos1971
Lazarus threw the party. Lazarus threw the fight.