Since Diablo 3 is going to be an F2P MORPG...

#1MarikhenPosted 2/18/2012 12:55:04 PM
Do you think that Blizzard might sell vanity junk in the Blizzard Store for it? Your own little fallen manservant, a succubus for a pet, or perhaps even have some cross-IP appearances like wolpertinger?
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#2Mocking CrowPosted 2/18/2012 1:11:55 PM
Back under the bridge with you.
---
Normal was defined by an arrogant or closed minded man who knew too little.
#3Marikhen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 1:59:43 PM
Mocking Crow posted...
Back under the bridge with you.

Nothing trolling at all about referring to it as F2P. Folks do it often enough for Guild Wars 2 and they don't get accused of being trolls.
---
#4Shale0Posted 2/18/2012 2:29:33 PM
It'll be the world's only non-massive MMORPG balanced for single-player. A true groundbreaker!
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#5smoccaPosted 2/18/2012 2:51:35 PM
At what point does replying to every thread by calling the OP a troll become trolling?
#6Marikhen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 3:00:56 PM
Shale0 posted...
It'll be the world's only non-massive MMORPG balanced for single-player. A true groundbreaker!

As I understand it BioWare beat them to that already,
---
#7Crimson PhantomPosted 2/18/2012 3:52:52 PM
Um no

D3 is NOT and never will be a MMORPG

it is 4 players max (duels may go higher)

4 players in a game isn't a MMORPG, it is a LMORPG (limited)

or one could even say VLMORPG (very limited)

MMORPGS are defined in their name as MASSIVELY multiplayer

Guild Wars 2 will be a B2P (buy) MMORPG... With hundreds + of players able to interact in pvp and thousands able to interact in the same map

Diablo 3 will be a B2P VLMORPG... with 4 (with maybe 6 or 8 in duels)

An example of a F2P game would be say Silkroad or Perfect world (not good examples of games but good examples of F2P)

A F2P game is free to download, and is completely free to play to any level, these are usually supported by cash shops where players can choose to purchase uber items and trinkets for real world cash

Now that the terms are settled

It is likely that you will see a d2 cash shop of sorts with that kind of extra content

IT will likely happen through the RMAH where their will be a buy from blizzard page, it will have fixed prices and you can probably get unique things from them that way... I doubt that they will have anything other than

Cosmetic

You might be able to tweak your banner, perhaps get some dyes, or other things that have NO effect on the gameplay balance of the game
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#8DragonQuestLordPosted 2/18/2012 4:27:26 PM
Crimson Phantom posted...
You might be able to tweak your banner, perhaps get some dyes, or other things that have NO effect on the gameplay balance of the game

This is what I think. I hope that's it anyways. I get so tired of games that are 'free' but you have to pay to be able to do anything of note. Thankfully this shows absolutely no signs of ever becoming that way. So I'm not worried either way.

So, what's with all these Acronyms? I just started playing games on my computer and I notice any PC player uses these way too much. I have no idea what is being said. Why can't everybody just type these things out? Not trying to start anything, just wondering out loud. Reading this thread is hurting my head as I try to guess what they mean. Most of them are very silly and I don't think I'm right at all. lol
---
GT: MountainWulf
#9Marikhen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 5:10:40 PM
Um no

D3 is NOT and never will be a MMORPG

Since Diablo 3 is going to be an F2P MORPG...

Where are you getting a second 'M' from?

Multiplayer Online Role Playing game, one 'M'.

An example of a F2P game would be say Silkroad or Perfect world (not good examples of games but good examples of F2P)

Typically, at least on these forums, I see the terms F2P and P2P used to describe whether or not you have to pay to play once you've acquired the license with whether or not you have to pay to acquire it in the first place.

DragonQuestLord posted...
So, what's with all these Acronyms? I just started playing games on my computer and I notice any PC player uses these way too much. I have no idea what is being said. Why can't everybody just type these things out? Not trying to start anything, just wondering out loud. Reading this thread is hurting my head as I try to guess what they mean. Most of them are very silly and I don't think I'm right at all. lol

If you really want to go ballistic over acronym abuse just go to the Diablo 2:Lord of Destruction (D2:LoD) board. :-)
---
#10DragonQuestLordPosted 2/18/2012 6:09:29 PM
If you really want to go ballistic over acronym abuse just go to the Diablo 2:Lord of Destruction (D2:LoD) board. :-)

Nah; my head hurts enough thank you. lol

*Gasp* lol is an acronym! I just noticed.. I've been doing it for years. I'm such a hypocrite..
---
GT: MountainWulf