The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Diablo 3 date and Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition revealed on the same day.

#1AskeladdPosted 3/15/2012 4:42:59 PM
Is this fate?

The old school RPG gamer in my is doing cartwheels.
---
The ash lad formerly known as "alucard dracula".
#2xenosaga123Posted 3/15/2012 7:17:58 PM
anything Baldur's Gate is boring.
#3jake-sfPosted 3/15/2012 7:20:18 PM

Anything xenosaga is retarded.
#4swordoflight86Posted 3/15/2012 7:21:55 PM
xenosaga123 posted...

You have just proved you know nothing about RPG's.

Ignore him, people.
---
Swordoflight86's Top 3 Video Game Villians
Jon Irenicus-BG2:SoA, Sarah Kerrigan-SC:BW, Kane-C&C
#5DaedalusExPosted 3/15/2012 7:27:20 PM
I must admit, I'm pretty excited about the Baldur's Gate news. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though until more details are released. Something tells me they're going to mess it up in some way, or dumb it down (aka "streamline" if you're into euphemisms.)
#6craziii3Posted 3/15/2012 7:29:56 PM
even though I bought bg1 + 2 but never got to finish it as I couldn't stand the ui. I felt like I was missing something from not playing the series. if the EE edition can improve the ui to modern standards, I would be super excited.
---
insert: something clever!!!
#7EnragedSlithPosted 3/15/2012 8:04:41 PM
That Baldur's Gate announcement was the most underwhelming announcement since Riiiiiiiidge Racer. First, the idiots who made the website didn't account for all the traffic when the timer hit zero, and, most importantly, Baldur's Gate has already been updated by fan-made mods for the past ~8 years.
#8jedinatPosted 3/15/2012 8:41:00 PM(edited)
The only way I'll be excited about a BG 1/2 remake is if the Infinity engine doesn't feel like the Infinity engine anymore... and it's faster paced or something. Those games bored me to death after a while... something about the game engine/graphics I found really depressing. And stuff was slowwww. Also what about all the mods? It might feel like a step back for a lot of people no matter how much they tweak the original games.
#9jake-sfPosted 3/16/2012 12:03:47 AM

The only way I'll be excited about a BG 1/2 remake is if the Infinity engine doesn't feel like the Infinity engine anymore... and it's faster paced or something. Those games bored me to death after a while... something about the game engine/graphics I found really depressing. And stuff was slowwww. Also what about all the mods? It might feel like a step back for a lot of people no matter how much they tweak the original games.

...if the game was too -slow- for you, you're just not playing the right kind of game, buddy. Its not like BG and Diablo are in the same genre at all.
#10Askeladd(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 12:19:59 AM
jedinat posted...

you can change the speed of infinity engine games under options. you can make the games unplayably fast if you want to.

hooray for encountering problems and not even considering that there are easy solutions.
---
The ash lad formerly known as "alucard dracula".