What's so great about Diablo 3?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. What's so great about Diablo 3?
3 years ago#1
There's so much hype for this game I don't really quite understand it. I never player 1 & 2. All my other friends are planning to get it and feeling left out I may jump in as well.
Anyways what's the story? What's the gameplay like? Is it like Dragon Age: Origins? etc.
---
Too many Games, soo little time ~ I'm Canadian, eh!
Add me online: Xbox Live / PSN: levyjl1988 | 3DS FC: 4639-8984-4691
3 years ago#2
The deal with Diablo 3 is that both Diablo and Diablo 2 were great. They aren't like other RPGs, other RPGs hope to be like them.
---
"The integrity of the Internet should never be disputed"
Abraham Lincoln.
3 years ago#3
I suggest you read some of the billions of written resources. Or watch some of the billions of video resources.
3 years ago#4
You'll end up getting it because your friends will convince you how awesome it is so I don't need to bother.
3 years ago#5
Then go play Diablo 1 & 2 for yourself?

Jesus Christ do you need people to wipe your ass for you too?
---
i5-2500k @ 3.8ghz | 8GB DDR3 | ATI 6950 2GB | 1TB HD x2
3 years ago#6

"The deal with Diablo 3 is that both Diablo and Diablo 2 were great. They aren't like other RPGs, other RPGs hope to be like them."

While I agree that D1 was good, even great back in the day on my PS, I must say that it is in no way the best RPG I've played.  Best Hack & Slash Action/Adventure though, but not RPG lol. :)

3 years ago#7
Bhemont posted...

"The deal with Diablo 3 is that both Diablo and Diablo 2 were great. They aren't like other RPGs, other RPGs hope to be like them."

While I agree that D1 was good, even great back in the day on my PS, I must say that it is in no way the best RPG I've played.  Best Hack & Slash Action/Adventure though, but not RPG lol. :)

Correction: Best Hack & Slash Action/RPG, because that's what it is, it *is* an RPG! And within this subgenre it may as well be the best I've ever played. The best single player RPG would be the one in your avatar: Planescape Torment.
3 years ago#8
The original Diablo created the hack n slash genre, along with loot systems, it was the first game that really took the D&D concept and nailed it.
---
"The integrity of the Internet should never be disputed"
Abraham Lincoln.
3 years ago#9
GoIrish80 posted...
Then go play Diablo 1 & 2 for yourself?

Jesus Christ do you need people to wipe your ass for you too?

That would be great, actually :D
---
Too many Games, soo little time ~ I'm Canadian, eh!
Add me online: Xbox Live / PSN: levyjl1988 | 3DS FC: 4639-8984-4691
3 years ago#10

Trolls are at it guys. Just like on imdb boards, one of the signs of release date getting closer.

1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. What's so great about Diablo 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived