Boss and Loot Question

#1AnchientPosted 4/23/2012 10:40:07 PM
I am not sure if it was explained or not. However is their still away to farm final bosses? In diablo 2 you can take the way point, teleport to the final floor, kill the boss, get your loot and quit the game only to create a new one and repeat.

I noticed with Diablo 3 when fighting King Leoric I have to witness the boring events in order to get to the final boss before killing him, quitting the game and restarting.
#2myztikricePosted 4/23/2012 10:43:06 PM
There's no need to farm bosses, the best loot comes from elite and champion mobs.
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#3jedinatPosted 4/23/2012 10:48:06 PM(edited)
Bosses don't drop great loot after the first time killing them. Though, at level 60 bosses will drop nice loot if you have the Nephalem Valor buff (obtained by killing rare or champion packs).

They've worked on making it less desirable to do straight up boss runs or other repetitive strategies.
#4Anchient(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 10:48:53 PM
Well that's what I do not understand because I had 30% MF and I only found the best gear from the final boss (Rare Items), I cleared the Royal Quarters (killing everything), and found broken or crappy blues.
#5jedinatPosted 4/23/2012 10:51:09 PM(edited)
Anchient posted...
Well that's what I do not understand because I had 30% MF and I only found the best gear from the final boss (Rare Items), I cleared the Royal Quarters (killing everything), and found broken or crappy blues.

Well you were just lucky/unlucky then... the boss drops after the first run (with every character) are about the same as a rare monster pack I believe.
#6myztikricePosted 4/23/2012 11:36:15 PM
I hope you realize 30% is nothing too
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#7Supat0nyPosted 4/23/2012 11:53:04 PM
I will miss the Mephisto runs... the repetitive-ness of it was fun for me.
---
Former GameFAQs name - Squa11y
Former GameSpot name - Kamio
#8PoisonArcPosted 4/24/2012 12:33:45 AM
haven't seen a pack drop a single rare, but I've seen Leoric drop rares quite a few times.
---
pew pew
#9Jordo_dPosted 4/24/2012 1:32:25 AM
yea rares are def dropping less....the only rares i have seen have dropped of leoric both times
---
Now Playing: LoL, WoW, KH: BBS
My Next Titles: Diablo 3, GW2, KH: 3D
#10PirwzwhomperPosted 4/24/2012 3:19:38 AM
You can choose the quest to kill Leoric from the character screen, then make a game and start off at that point.
---
(^_^) <-- the Prophet Mohammad // APM is SC2's GearScore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Pirwzwhomper/C-Hheh.jpg