Why complain about online only?

#1bagPosted 4/28/2012 7:43:26 AM
Seriously, how many of you are ever in a place where you don't have internet access and will be playing D3? I just don't imagine it will happen very often.

Thanks for ruining this games community before it even comes out.
---
all the vets here are ****s. all they do is sit at the computer and make up *** words like cobbla
#2whitelytningPosted 4/28/2012 7:46:49 AM
There are 2 or 3 people in the world that don't hook their computer up to the internet because they are worried of viruses for some reason.

There are 2 or 3 people in the world that don't have the internet (but someone how are very vocal on here)

There are 2 or 3 people that are opposed to any kind of change and see this as some sort of sham because players don't get a real copy of the game and can't play it in 40 years when the servers go down.

There are 2 or 3 people that pretend playing a closed lan is enjoyable but can't get the same enjoyment if the game is hosted on a bliz server.

There are 2 or 3 people in the world that think all corporations are evil and don't trust them to host the game.
---
~5k @ 2/5nl http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6236/downsized52911borgata5g.jpg
#3alexkappyPosted 4/28/2012 7:46:59 AM
I can see why it might be irritating sometimes if you're disconnected or the servers go down when you're just trying to play by yourself. However, I feel it's a pretty minor complaint and people are blowing it out of proportion (as with most complaints).
#4ProsercunusPosted 4/28/2012 7:52:42 AM
It sucks for them, but it seriously falls under the "I don't care" category for myself.
---
i5 2500k | 8GB DDR3 | GTX 580
Steam - Prosercunus | Xbox LIVE - Prosercunus
#5TrueDozenMarksPosted 4/28/2012 7:59:39 AM
The only complaint I have with it really is even if you're playing by yourself, if you have to leave for 5 minutes or longer you're basically SOL.

Got a phone call? Better tell them to stfu so you can get back to your game.

Got to take a ****? You better learn to hold it.

Hopefully there's a setting you can use to change the time until you auto-drop, even if it only applies when playing alone. I could see 20-30 minutes, but a paltry 5 minutes?
#6ImperatorzedPosted 4/28/2012 8:03:51 AM
It's annoying mostly because this is their way of forcing people to be confronted with the RMAH.
#7whitelytningPosted 4/28/2012 8:07:03 AM

It's annoying mostly because this is their way of forcing people to be confronted with the RMAH.

Because...
They force you to buy items on it?
They force you to sell items on it?
They don't offer a game gold AH?
---
~5k @ 2/5nl http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6236/downsized52911borgata5g.jpg
#8Myrkr_OrmrPosted 4/28/2012 8:07:10 AM
it doesnt really bother ME at all really.. I have played countless MMOs in my life (i know this isnt an MMO), and since pretty much NO MMO has an offline mode, its pretty much the same thing to me in that regard. Diablo 3 will go down, and i will find something else to do, just as if one of my other favorite MMOs went down for maintenance or whatever
---
"What humans do not understand, they fear..and what humans fear, they attempt to destroy."~Goliath, GARGOYLES
DFO Main: MyrkyrOrmr
#9ImperatorzedPosted 4/28/2012 8:07:58 AM
They force you to look at it. How would you feel if other developers started putting blatant ads in their full price game?
#10TimbermawPosted 4/28/2012 8:08:37 AM
let them charge us $70,00 for a game
let them take away choices from us

I don't care either, i'll buy diablo 3 as well. I'm not in any place to make demands.
---
Gamer Entitlement analyst, PhD.