Not since Warcraft 3 have I...

#1GoongaPosted 4/29/2012 7:51:09 AM
...played a real pc game!

But this game has inspired me to buy a legitimate gaming pc, and I have a pretty slick one arriving in a week or so!

I have a few questions for you guys:

1) Will this game support 3d?

2) Recommend me a keyboard! I hear the mechanical ones are nice for gaming. Some keyboards I've checked out are Corsair K90, Black Widow Ultimate, Steel Series Star Wars keyboard, and the nicer Alienware one. (Not concerned too much about $$, just about quality)

3) Recommend me a mouse! I haven't spent too much time looking at mice, but I think the Diablo one looks pretty cool, and the Alienware one looks nice, also. (same deal, $$ not too important, just quality)

I plan on using this gaming PC primarily for Diablo III and WoW, but I might end up getting The Old Republic, StarCraft, and possibly some others. What PC-Exclusive games have I missed out on that you would recommend!? THANKS for any input!
#2DefaultUserNamePosted 4/29/2012 7:52:55 AM
Get a nice mouse, use a keyboard you already know the layout on (gaming keyboards are usually terrible), and I'm not sure if the 3D question was serious or not, but yes it will support 3D.
---
I suck at most games, so please don't hate.
#3Ricochet888Posted 4/29/2012 7:53:43 AM
I don't think keyboard matters, the people that stand behind "mechanical keyboards" just like that satisfying click sound when pressing down on a key.

I prefer a quieter keyboard, as it's less annoying when typing, or doing any game where I'm spamming keys.
---
BEEP BEEP, IM A JEEP LOLZ
#4KawaiiKoshiPosted 4/29/2012 7:53:45 AM
...yeahhh, I'm just gonna leave this one alone...
---
PSN: Wine_Kasra
I've covered wars, you know!
#5Goonga(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 7:59:34 AM
Ok, thanks for the input guys. Maybe I will use the regular keyboard that ships with my comp for a while before I decide to splurge on another one.

And yeah, the 3d question was serious, haha. I'm not sure if I'll enjoy gaming in 3d or not, but my setup will be fully capable of it.
#6HydroCannabinolPosted 4/29/2012 8:04:40 AM
Ricochet888 posted...
I don't think keyboard matters, the people that stand behind "mechanical keyboards" just like that satisfying click sound when pressing down on a key.

I prefer a quieter keyboard, as it's less annoying when typing, or doing any game where I'm spamming keys.

Ignorance.
---
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#7LockeDaemonfirePosted 4/29/2012 8:05:53 AM
I don't think you'll really need to worry about the keyboard for this one. If you have a mouse with a few extra buttons, you can use all your skills with the mouse. I think it's actually better that way because a lot of skills are a lot better if you click with the mouse as opposed to hovering over an enemy while pressing a key.
#8IronMonkey008Posted 4/29/2012 8:49:26 AM(edited)
1) Don't know

2) Buy a Mechanical Keyboard if you want one for typing better or if you just like the feal of it. It isn't really going to help with gaming so don't base your decision on that. I have the Black Widow Ultimate and i really like it but it doesn't really do anything to help game wise aside from being more comfortable. One problem I have with it though is I get a annoying loud buzzing sound through my headset on some of the led settings, only off and the brightest is where I don't get that sound. Which is fine with me since I don't even like using the LED, but it would have been nice if it didn't have that problem.

3) I highly recommend the Razer Deathadder, it works great and is very comfortable to me. I just bought a new one the other day (new black version), old one started not working well but I have had it for quite a few years and was great all that time. Another I was considering was the new Naga Hex which looks perfect for this game but I didn't want to take the chance, it's something you may want to look into though.

---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
#9IronMonkey008Posted 4/29/2012 8:51:27 AM
Oh and as far as exclusives if you use steam I recommend checking out Terraria and Dungeons of Dreadmor, both cheap yet really fun games.
---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
#10ShimmerManPosted 4/29/2012 8:53:24 AM

Mechanical keyboard's aren't for gaming. They're for typing on, they're nice for typing on but ultimately is it worth the $$? Not unless you have money to spare otherwise don't bother (imo).

Mouse, the Diablo III mouse is a Steelseries Xai with some features missing. It's a decent mouse and if you haven't been PC gaming since Warcraft III then I doubt you know what you're looking for in a mouse so just buy that one imo.