What is this game like? What does it play like?

#1activematxPosted 5/2/2012 5:40:12 PM
I never played the first 2 games. Am considering getting this game though?

Is this game just about walking around in third person view (or birds eye view like in real time strategy games) and just hacking and slashing things?

I hope there is an awesome story to go along with the game... cutscenes? Or is the combat just that much fun, that you guys dont care about the story.

If someone could give me a nice description of what makes Diablo 3 so awesome, that would really help.
#2MasterKilPosted 5/2/2012 5:49:02 PM
All I've seen are the video's. Maybe a Beta Tester will log on to this site and let you know. The 1st 2 Diablo's are instant collectors items. I suggest you get Diablo BattleChest out of simple principle. Because the whole series is great.

The truth is even after Diablo 3 comes out people will still glance back at the other 2. Simply because they have established characters on them. And the real fact is that servers are open on all Blizzard games.

Blizzard has a great rep at making games that last. I guess I got caught up in talking and went kinda off topic. But I'm sure a beta tester will answer your question soon enough. Yet, the real problem is that Blizzard Doesn't really want other than Beta Testers to know anything about the game until the release of course.

My rule of buying a game is that if you not feeling the videos that is put out there. You likely won't feel the game.
---
Lakers Rule 2012!!!!
#3GTL581Posted 5/2/2012 5:50:35 PM
it's honestly an amalgamation of everything you mentioned

it's a third person hack n slash with rpg elements. you pretty much click to move your character around and click to attack/use spells and abilities. that atmosphere of the diablo games is (to me at least) a selling point. dark fantasy at it's finest, just about. can't name anything that really plays like, not because there aren't any games like it, but because i don't really play games of this nature. closest thing is all those old infinity engine rpgs
---
jersey shore can suck a fat one, i had my name first
#4AsucaHayashiPosted 5/2/2012 5:50:59 PM
just play torchlight if you want to get a feel for what D3 is going to be like.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#5activematx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 6:10:24 PM
So why do you guys like this game so much?
#6jedinatPosted 5/2/2012 6:14:17 PM
activematx posted...

Great gameplay, great customization, great loot system, great polish, great sense of progression, great longevity, great coop play, the list goes on...
#7Cool_Dude667Posted 5/2/2012 6:23:43 PM
activematx posted...
I never played the first 2 games. Am considering getting this game though?

Is this game just about walking around in third person view (or birds eye view like in real time strategy games) and just hacking and slashing things?

I hope there is an awesome story to go along with the game... cutscenes? Or is the combat just that much fun, that you guys dont care about the story.

If someone could give me a nice description of what makes Diablo 3 so awesome, that would really help.

Diablo 3 is an isometric fast paced actionRPG, focused on gear progression and endgame content. Obviously since this is a blizzard game you can expect atleast 20minutes worth of beautiful CGI cutscenes alone, not to mention the ingame events and cutscenes.

The story behind the Diablo games is about the eternal conflict between angels and demons, and there are many youtube videos/books/short stories dedicated to the diablo lore.

check out the website for details
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
#8MasterKilPosted 5/3/2012 12:56:18 PM
jedinat posted...
activematx posted...

Great gameplay, great customization, great loot system, great polish, great sense of progression, great longevity, great coop play, the list goes on...

What this guy said!
---
Lakers Rule 2012!!!!
#9MrSandman666Posted 5/3/2012 1:03:15 PM
activematx posted...

jedinat posted...

This is why I WANT to like this game, whether they accomplish any/all of these things is yet to be known. The beta was not really a big reveal of what the game will be like in the long run seeing as how it was just the first 1.5hrs of gameplay.
---
-- Everything before the 'but' is bull**** --
#10FakeTJPosted 5/3/2012 1:06:32 PM
The game has been watered down to just being about gambling addiction. From what we saw in the beta you'll be able to beat normal where all you use is your fist bashing your mouse.

The enjoyment you get from the game is having a random drop end up being something good. You get a moment of excitement and then you hope that you'll get a similar drop soon. Rinse and repeat.