Diablo is not Satan

#1Yngwie71Posted 5/4/2012 9:26:02 PM
Diablo is the fictional Lord of Terror created by blizzard.

Satan is the Prince and Power of the Air.
"The" Evil One, the Prince of Darkness. The Father of Lies with no truth in him.
The Great Red Dragon defeated by The Alpha and Omega (the One who holds the keys of Life and Death). Yeshua the Messiah King of Kings and Lord of Lords who has all things under his feet.

Diablo is nothing but a joke.
Satan is a poor devil.
#2BDSMPosted 5/4/2012 9:28:39 PM
Eh, who cares.

He's back playing in Slovakia now anyway.
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
#3What-Posted 5/4/2012 9:30:10 PM
*hands over atheist-proof flame shield*
---
And so this chicken, it--uh... anyway I forgot the rest of the joke but you're GAY
#4MMF_LegacyPosted 5/4/2012 9:30:46 PM
So, Diablo =/= Satan but Satan=Diablo.... weird...yet creepy.
---
Neo_Rizer posted Children in third world countries don't even get the option of having a RMAH, you should be thankful you damn ingrate.
#5jedinatPosted 5/4/2012 9:31:50 PM
Yngwie71 posted...
Satan is a poor devil.

Not sure what this has to do with the rest.
#6RusticGamerPosted 5/4/2012 9:34:53 PM
What's the point of defeating diablo for the 3rd time? He will be coming back in ~20 or so in game years for Diablo 4. I refuse to play a game so wishy washy.
#7jedinatPosted 5/4/2012 9:39:30 PM
RusticGamer posted...
What's the point of defeating diablo for the 3rd time? He will be coming back in ~20 or so in game years for Diablo 4. I refuse to play a game so wishy washy.

How unfair it would be to the next generations if he stayed put after being banished? They'd hear grandpa go on and on about how back in his day they fought demons and saved the world, and what did kids do these days? Nothing that's what; the modern generation is a bunch of wishy-washy mamby pambies who can do nothing but make trouble for their elders.
#8Son_Of_ManPosted 5/4/2012 9:39:48 PM
Diablo is spanish for devil which is a derivative of the latin word diabolus which is the name for Satan as the bible was originally written in latin. So yes, Diablo is in fact Satan, though not the Diablo that has been depicted in this game as this game does not incorporate judeo-christian themes and created it's own mythos.
#9jedinatPosted 5/4/2012 9:42:50 PM(edited)
Son_Of_Man posted...
Diablo is spanish for devil which is a derivative of the latin word diabolus which is the name for Satan as the bible was originally written in latin. So yes, Diablo is in fact Satan, though not the Diablo that has been depicted in this game as this game does not incorporate judeo-christian themes and created it's own mythos.

Diablo is the name of a demon in D3. A proper name does not make a thing a thing. Ms. Daisy is not a daisy. So your first sentence or so is unnecessary.
#10Yngwie71(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 9:42:47 PM
jedinat posted...
Yngwie71 posted...
Satan is a poor devil.

Not sure what this has to do with the rest.

Diablo is a made up fantasy by a gaming company. Therefore a joke.
Satan has been stripped of his power. Therefore poor.

And i can't wait to give Diablo a smackdown starting May 15th with my female Wizard!