For all of you out there thinking you're going to make real money in the AH...

#1flyugy2300Posted 5/7/2012 2:20:32 PM
That's all fine and dandy, i feel there will be some money to be made here, but Blizz is sure making the average gamer jump through some hoops to do so.

1. You better have a data plan on your cell phone (internet access) or blizz will not transfer funds to paypal without adding mobile alerts to your battle.net account. A phone without a data plan that can still receive regular text messages will not work

2. Blizz transfering funds to paypay with a 30% cut and the standard paypal account fee is the only way to get actual money with how things are currently set up.

3. Without the paypal option your funds go into your Battle.net account with a 15% cut and $1.00 charge on every transaction for any weapons and armor.

4. Here is the real kicker though. The money that goes into your Battle.net account cannot be redeemed for cash but only blizzard products which don't include items in the blizzard store like WoW mounts and pets etc. You can only use that money on Blizz games, subscriptions to your WoW account, and more real money purchases on the RMAH.

5. Some of you know this already, but from looking at the posts on these boards most of you don't know how the RMAH actually works.
---
Currently playing SWTOR and WoW.
#2AnybodyN9NEPosted 5/7/2012 2:22:32 PM
i havent really looked into this that much but , your saying itll go into my paypal account to get real money i already have all the mobile stuff
---
let's go celtics and knicks
#3cabcalloway1983Posted 5/7/2012 2:26:43 PM
The way i was thinking of working the real money aspect was if i can make a little here and there from stuff im likely not gonna use i can then just keep it with Blizz to use to buy items that are selling for real money that i will use.

Dont know how well this will work but thats my plan anyways.
#4flyugy2300(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 2:26:48 PM
Ya if you got the paypal account setup and a data plan on ur phone ur gtg. Just remember that Blizz gets a 30% cut and a $1.00 fee on weapons and armor, plus the paypal fee if u go this route, so all in all looking at a 40% cut here.
---
#5GreystrikePosted 5/7/2012 2:27:22 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, so, it's the internet access that's imperative with a cell phone for Blizzard to transfer funds to your Paypal? My phone's internet access here is quite shoddy and is wifi dependent and is really on/off, but it connects nevertheless. Will this suffice?
---
"Good and bad do not exist - only the difference of opinion."
#6dmaz2Posted 5/7/2012 2:28:49 PM
it's only 15% and $1 for weapons and armor if you want to use paypal.
---
If you ever feel that a game is too short, just remember this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl5iWQOojvk
#7flyugy2300(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 2:36:50 PM
It's not 15% its 30%. Check Battle.net cuz you are misinformed. You should check your sources before you make a statements telling someone they are wrong.
---
#8GreystrikePosted 5/7/2012 2:39:15 PM
More like 27.75%,
---
"Good and bad do not exist - only the difference of opinion."
#9flyugy2300(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 2:39:57 PM
The 30% plus the $1.00 fee on the gear and paypals fee. My estimate of 40% is close
---
#10flyugy2300(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 2:42:35 PM
How you got 27.75% i have no clue. i am guessing you were taking the $1.00 out of that, but that would only make it go over 30% not under. Tack on the paypal fee you are looking at an easy 40% cut.
---