Do we have to kill a boss a million times to get good gear to enjoy this game?

#1Snight01Posted 5/9/2012 3:50:41 AM
Probably one of the most hated aspect of diablo 2.

Would you like this system removed so you won't be wasting months away by giving the final blow to a act 1 boss to get a soj?

It seems they got it right with the removal of the stat system and skill tree. But why not the ridiculous method of obtaining gear that is important for you to survive on harder difficulties.
#2curtix2000Posted 5/9/2012 3:52:29 AM
Snight01 posted...
Probably one of the most hated aspect of diablo 2.

Would you like this system removed so you won't be wasting months away by giving the final blow to a act 1 boss to get a soj?

It seems they got it right with the removal of the stat system and skill tree. But why not the ridiculous method of obtaining gear that is important for you to survive on harder difficulties.

There is a new method: sell your house, and use the money you get to buy in the RMAH. Or grin equipment, whatever you see fit.
#3Paper_ApePosted 5/9/2012 3:52:55 AM
they should just make the game with a "You Win" button...

that way.. you dont even need to play the game to win...
#4MMF_LegacyPosted 5/9/2012 3:56:44 AM
Yes, that is exactly what you have to do. So if I were you, and I hated it, I wouldn't even bother buying this P.O.S. We will suffer that fate for you.
---
Neo_Rizer posted Children in third world countries don't even get the option of having a RMAH, you should be thankful you damn ingrate.
#5Snight01(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 3:58:12 AM
Or they can raise the probability of getting good gear than spending your salary in a computer game auction house.

I love this game and will sign up asap if the fanboy alert goes off but this crap is ludicrous. Final Fantasy abandoned this design years ago but why is Blizzard still using it?
#6MMF_LegacyPosted 5/9/2012 4:00:02 AM(edited)
Ya.. seriously...Don't buy it.

*whispers: I'm serious...don't buy it. It sucks....for realz.
---
Neo_Rizer posted Children in third world countries don't even get the option of having a RMAH, you should be thankful you damn ingrate.
#7jiminatrixPosted 5/9/2012 4:03:32 AM
Nephilem valour buff. Google it and cease this nonsense.
---
The difference between a good player and a bad player is the good player knows what went wrong.
#8Switch2Nine6Posted 5/9/2012 4:04:21 AM
Snight01 posted...
Or they can raise the probability of getting good gear than spending your salary in a computer game auction house.

I love this game and will sign up asap if the fanboy alert goes off but this crap is ludicrous. Final Fantasy abandoned this design years ago but why is Blizzard still using it?

Yes, lets remove the gear treadmill from Diablo 3. The entire reason Diablo 3 is what it is.
#9SoaringBlizzardPosted 5/9/2012 4:05:26 AM
jiminatrix posted...
Nephilem valour buff. Google it and cease this nonsense.

doubt a noob that complains about grinding like him will survive inferno :P
#10DeviantOnePosted 5/9/2012 4:07:21 AM
Snight01 posted...

They are not using it, MMF's post was filled with sarcasm. Uniques & super uniques can also drop the same loot that bosses do. They have attempted to make it so you don't have to farm bosses. Between that and Nephalem Valor(http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem_Valor), there shouldn't be any boss grinding. Will have to wait and see if it actually works as intended.
---
DeviantOne