I had 2 CE's pre-ordered from buy.com and now they are cancelled.

#1TheJCBandPosted 5/9/2012 10:30:00 AM
WHAT THE ****! Thank God I still have one pre-ordered on Amazon, I'll just be missing out on the extra profit. Should I call them and try to get some compensation for terrible customer service? I didn't get an email or anything, just checked order status today and it was cancelled.
---
Wind Fish in name only, for it is neither.
#2SalvadorWarholPosted 5/9/2012 10:33:28 AM
I'm sure they received more orders for the CE than they have supply for. At least you got a CE from amazon. I don't think you should be compensated.
#3Death DurronPosted 5/9/2012 10:33:54 AM
I thought it was kinda too good to be true for an online store to still have that many collector editions available this close to the release. Maybe they took in more orders than they could supply. Still, an email notice woulda been the least they can do about a cancellation. Unless you got charged though I doubt you'll get more than an apology for the inconvenience.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#4thevariantPosted 5/9/2012 10:41:32 AM
TheJCBand posted...
WHAT THE ****! Thank God I still have one pre-ordered on Amazon, I'll just be missing out on the extra profit. Should I call them and try to get some compensation for terrible customer service? I didn't get an email or anything, just checked order status today and it was cancelled.

why do you need three copies?
---
Playing: Minecraft, The Old Republic
Reading: The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah
#5TheJCBand(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 10:43:28 AM
2 were to be investments.
---
Wind Fish in name only, for it is neither.
#6EchoBeamPosted 5/9/2012 11:22:22 AM
Buy.com is the worst online shopping website, never buy from them. For pre-orders, I ordered the Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition on buy.com since it was the only website available around a month before release, and I got the copy a week after the release date. I found the website very suspicious beforehand anyway, since I had no way to cancel something that wasn't even shipped yet. Because of this, I found out Amazon had copies of the ME3 CE available a day before the release and I quickly pre-ordered it, and received it a day after release date. That really isn't that bad considering how late I pre-ordered it on Amazon, but buy.com couldn't even send it early on, with no possible way to cancel.

You should feel lucky yours got canceled, don't ever give any money to buy.com.
#7DSMRacersPosted 5/9/2012 11:27:39 AM
well that is for being greedy, but at least your amazon still on, unless karma take that away from u too :)
#8Twista9492Posted 5/9/2012 11:28:31 AM
Just go to a best buy if you have one in your area. My local BB is getting 48 CEs in for the midnight release and I don't even live in a major city.
---
"Dibs on the dagger the doubles as a flute that sounds like a trumpet that summons a mechadragon." -GuideToTheDark
#9coldisgoodPosted 5/9/2012 11:28:57 AM
This isn't mass effect 1/2 any other CEs will most likely be terrible "investments". Besides there will be plenty more available on or shortly after release day.
---
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth
#10SticksnrocksPosted 5/9/2012 11:29:34 AM
I did the same TC but I got 2 pre ordered from gamestop, that I've paid off, and are still good to go. I pre ordered them in October. Then I pre ordered another from Amazon. Two I will be reselling for profit.