updating system files......

#1cxenox91Posted 5/14/2012 2:08:21 AM
its stuck at 1/3 wtf... if this isnt resolved by midnight tonight i will be very displeased, please any and all help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
---
3DS FC: 4940-6161-4954
Women are like squared numbers, if they're under 13, just do them in your head.
#2VixenofVenusPosted 5/14/2012 2:14:07 AM

its stuck at 1/3 wtf... if this isnt resolved by midnight tonight i will be very displeased, please any and all help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

This is a known issue. You should head over to the Blizzard boards and check for the thread in the Support Forums ... there are several steps to fixing this issue.

I can list a quick fix that helps:

1. Cancel/Close the installer.
- - Make sure you have the Diablo 3 BETA uninstalled - -
2. DELETE the C:\ProgramData\Battle.net and C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment folders.
3. Run the installer again.

4. If that doesn't work, there is some weird "secondary login" thing that is a Windows Setting that some advanced users sometimes turn off (found somewhere in Administrative Tools) ... and you need to switch it to manual or automatic where it defaults to.

If you don't believe me, head over to the BNet forums and search for the thread yourself ... it has DOZENS of Blue posts in it regarding this issue ...

---
Matthew 5:5 - Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit Middlearth.
You think you have lag? It took Jesus three days to respawn!
#3cxenox91(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 9:56:50 AM
Hey where are the two locations at that you want to me to to delete. I can't find them :( and I read about the secondary login thing elsewhere, didn't work.
---
#4TheSchrefPosted 5/14/2012 10:09:38 AM
How long has it been stuck? Mine was stuck at about 1/3 for 10-15 minutes and then it shot up to 90% where it was stuck for another 10-15 minutes before it finally completed.
#5noz3r0Posted 5/14/2012 10:11:05 AM
cxenox91 posted...
Hey where are the two locations at that you want to me to to delete. I can't find them :( and I read about the secondary login thing elsewhere, didn't work.

Program Data is a hidden folder. Be sure to enable that feature or you won't see it.
---
Currently writing a guide for: Diablo III
Prolific Contributor: www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/32351.html
#6cxenox91(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 1:26:58 PM
How do you enable. I'm a nub to this.
---
#7cxenox91(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 4:44:31 PM
bump, i got 4 hrs to figure this out, just got off work
---
#8BogePosted 5/14/2012 4:47:30 PM
Try this.

Possible Solution: Follow These steps:

1: Turn on 'hidden files and folders' in the folders option (found in any folder window at the top).

2: Go to C drive and then programdata. Do this regardless of where you are installing/planning to install the game.

3: Go to Battle.net. Click on the folder named 'Agent' then click on the folder named 'Agent 868'.

4: Right click it, go to properties. Go to the compatibility tab.

5: Turn on compatibility mode and set the file to run as "Windows XP (Server Pack 3)" and also turn on 'Run as Admin' at the bottom.

6: Open that program, then a black box should appear. Then open your game launcher. You will need to open that Agent program each time to get either game to run, so just make a shortcut to it on your desktop for ease. If it doesn't work, try again but make sure the Agent.exe program isn't already running in the Task Manager!

NOTE: It may not be Folder Agent 868, but Agent XXX something else. I had this problem and this solution fixed it for me.
---
The more options, the merrier.
#9cxenox91(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 5:00:56 PM
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-communicationtransmission-error

^^^^^
Saved my ass!

thanks everyone for the help again!
---