Digital copy vs. Store copy (normal version).... anything useful in the box?

#1alangstPosted 5/14/2012 2:26:09 PM
So since there doesn't seem to be any deals anywhere for this game, I'm curious if theres any reason at all to go for the hard copy vs. digital download. Is there any sort of manual or anything of use other than the disc in the box?
---
PSN: Walkerlang
Xbox Live: Walker
#2KamilPosted 5/14/2012 2:29:21 PM
Diablo 1's game manual was awesome, I'm sure the manual for Diablo 3 won't be anything special, but I'm oldschool and just like to own the retail copy of most things anyways. I still kinda miss the big pc boxes those were cool and unless Best Buy just happens to have some Collector editions sitting around, I'd be more than happy with just the standard game I suppose.
---
Slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!
#3FdshadowPosted 5/14/2012 2:32:32 PM
I predict those stacks of unsold Collector's Editions will bother local retailers in my area, and within a month they'll drop significantly in price, that's likely the only reason I'd buy the game; knowing I'm not being ripped off.

Diablo 2 had a nice booklet, but since we're in the era of 'People will buy it anyways, screw details like that', it's up in the air whenever there will be one in the regular edition.
#4KamilPosted 5/14/2012 2:36:28 PM
Yeah I figured Diablo II had a nice one too, I just don't remember what happened to it. I still have a boxed copy of Diablo I nicely presented :) Also it is the same price online then retail anyway right? Other than the tax eh I guess I'll support my local crappy economy.

It's too bad most games these days are bare bones like, unless it is a somewhat overpriced collector's edition.
---
Slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!
#5FdshadowPosted 5/14/2012 2:47:59 PM
Yeah, digital still being as expensive as retail, yet way easier to make (mail CDKey, done!) is one of the freedoms the publishers are enjoying. Since it cannot be bought through Steam, it'll stay at $60 for a very, very long time, but that's to be expected of Activision Blizzard now, sadly.

When you're at the top, you can ask for anything, customers will still flock to you, even if you kick them in the face over and over. The price on the Collector's Edition is bound to fluctuate quite fast, as the box is quite bulky and is guaranteed to cause problems in small retailers.
#6NucleartwigPosted 5/14/2012 2:51:30 PM
No, unless you just want the box.

Most likely going to be like SC2. A few guest passes, D3 notepad, installation DVD, and a quick start guide. No manual.
---
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
#7alangst(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 5:32:42 AM
So after actually picking up the hard copy I thought I'd list the contents. Game disc, fairly brief manual, 3 guest passes for this game, 1 guest pass for wow, and ......drum roll please.... a diablo 3 notepad!!!!!

Nothing out of the ordinary, but not terrible....since I wasn't going to be logging on at midnight last night, I guess I made the right call.
---
PSN: Walkerlang
Xbox Live: Walker