Monk weapon set up question?

#1x_Wuss_xPosted 5/15/2012 1:38:17 PM
Is it better to use two monk hand weapons or one with a shield or employ slot. I have one talon that gets me to 56.36 damage but when I add another it drops to 53.31 damage.
---
(Gamertag: iiWuss)(Orgigin: Wuss)
(PSN: iiWuss)(Diablo 3: iiWuss)
#2Shy420Posted 5/15/2012 1:44:35 PM
First are you using one weapon attack and one skill attack on mouse buttons or are you going 2 skills. If you're using two skills then it's probably best to look at the stats and decide rather than looking at weapon damage.

I don't think weapon damage figures in to skill damage, I could be wrong and hope someone will point this out if I am.
---
Franks Red Hot...
I put that **** on everything.
#3x_Wuss_x(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 1:50:52 PM
Using skill attacks.
---
#4x_Wuss_x(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 2:03:48 PM
What stats do I need to look at for skills?
---
#5darkness386Posted 5/15/2012 2:06:59 PM
Skill attacks are based on weapon damage for all classes. Even wizards. If you go into the options and go to gameplay and turn on Advanced tooltips it will tell you what % of weapon damage it does. As for the question itself I am trying to figure it out myself...
#6Noiz VulcanPosted 5/15/2012 2:10:00 PM
Does one have much higher dps than the other? It's recommended to use two weapons with a similar dps to get the best benefit out of dual-wield. Personally, i preferred a two-handed weapon with the monk. You build spirit a bit slower, but your spenders hit so much harder.
---
Noise is annoying when you try to ignore it,
Fascinating when you listen to it.
#7x_Wuss_x(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 2:42:39 PM
So does anybody know yet if a shield is worth using on the monk?

Also does anyone know if attacks with spells switch hands, so even if the damage was lower the attacks would be faster with weapons in two hands.
---