The Staff of Herding, Secret level.

#1ChaoticKanePosted 5/16/2012 3:18:02 AM
So, in going through Act 4 Normal, I came across a blacksmith plan for the Staff of Herding. It seems that this is the item needed to access the secret level. In order to craft it you need to have 5 unique joke items.

Wirt's Cowbell
Black Mushroom
Liquid Rainbow
Gibbering Gemstone
Leoric's Shinbone

I know the cowbell is buyable in act 2 for 100k gold, and the Mushroom is randomly found in act 1. Anyone know where the other three can be found?
---
But lets not forget how deadly the zerg were in Starship troopers! Well until the Terrans got Marauders. - julbull73
#2csukarPosted 5/16/2012 3:19:07 AM
Really?
#3ChaoticKane(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2012 3:32:31 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure how rare the blacksmithing plan is, but I found it about 2/3rds through act 4 normal. I know where the first two ingredients are, I just need to know where to find the other three.
---
But lets not forget how deadly the zerg were in Starship troopers! Well until the Terrans got Marauders. - julbull73
#4Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 5/16/2012 3:35:09 AM
Herding.... I wonder if it will be a secret sheep level.... I will rofl if they shove in some multicolored ponies as the enemies.....
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#5csukarPosted 5/16/2012 3:36:40 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
Herding.... I wonder if it will be a secret sheep level.... I will rofl if they shove in some multicolored ponies as the enemies.....

They have i think, some one posted in game models and there were ponies/unicorns and pink teddy bears.
#6Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 5/16/2012 3:38:34 AM
csukar posted...

They have i think, some one posted in game models and there were ponies/unicorns and pink teddy bears.

Oh god.... I wonder if one of them is called Pinkie Pie/Twilight Sparkle.... lol
---
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#7ChaoticKane(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2012 3:51:22 AM
I remember seeing the dialogue for the event from a data dump, and if I recall, the staff summons the cow king who recruits you to go kill the unicorns and sends you to the secret level. I've seen the unicorn enemy models on Diablo Fans as well as the Cow King. But again, I still don't know where the last three ingredients are, so input would be great.
---
#8Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 5/16/2012 3:53:54 AM
ChaoticKane posted...
I remember seeing the dialogue for the event from a data dump, and if I recall, the staff summons the cow king who recruits you to go kill the unicorns and sends you to the secret level. I've seen the unicorn enemy models on Diablo Fans as well as the Cow King. But again, I still don't know where the last three ingredients are, so input would be great.

Wait doesn't the cow king die in D2?
---
#9ChaoticKane(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2012 3:55:27 AM

It might be his ghost, the model on Diablo Fans was very blue, not cow colored.
---
#10Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 5/16/2012 4:04:16 AM
ChaoticKane posted...

It might be his ghost, the model on Diablo Fans was very blue, not cow colored.

Seems legit... though weird to me in a way..... wasn't there a chance in diablo 2 that some of the mini boss enemies could have various buffs to them, with one of them making them ethereal looking?
---