First impressions?

#1IlovepeasoupPosted 5/17/2012 10:46:59 AM
Hey. Thanks for clicking on my thread.

At this time, I'm of the mind that Blizzard took too long to create this game and will ultimately fail to reach my expectations.

With that said, what are your impressions? Does it reach your expectations, or does it fail to?

All the same, thanks for reading.
---
...and it just so happens that I hate pea soup.
#2ColdHardFactsPosted 5/17/2012 10:48:52 AM
games amazing way better than d2. if u havent made it to hell mode i dont think u can fairly judge the game. you havent. gone up agaisnt a challenge nor have u found great gear.
---
PSN : TrazGodKing Battle Tag : ZzKing#1412
GT : Tra Z God King
#3djprofessork1Posted 5/17/2012 10:48:58 AM
Yes, it reaches my expectations, the gameplay is great, i like the story and graphics.

However there are 2 things that suck ass:

1. Battle.net blows, well battle.net basically is nonexistant now. They still call it battle.net but I don't.

2. No PvP. They say it will be patched in, hopefully soon.
#4toadiemanPosted 5/17/2012 10:50:42 AM
There's things I don't care for but I still play.

Everything has a cooldown, even potions. yes potions.
---
PSN: toadieman
Currently Playing: Diablo 3
#5Ilovepeasoup(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2012 10:52:01 AM
As it turns out, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to all those different terms. "Cool down" is one of them.

Does that mean if you use a potion, you have to wait a while before you can use another one?
---
...and it just so happens that I hate pea soup.
#6toadiemanPosted 5/17/2012 10:52:41 AM
Cooldown is when you use something and then have to wait a certain amount of time to use it again.
---
PSN: toadieman
Currently Playing: Diablo 3
#7anonymous46773Posted 5/17/2012 10:53:45 AM
The game was pretty unimpressive for the first few hours. After you start getting more skills and the story unfolds, it starts getting more interesting. It wasn't until around the time that I hit level 12 or so that the game started picking up.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#8Death DurronPosted 5/17/2012 10:57:03 AM
Can't say I had any actual expectations to begin with but for the most part I am loving how I can just play the game and enjoy it without fear of my min/max nature kicking in and trying to horde attribute/skill points so that I'll be more effective at the higher level.

Some stuff that I found to be tedious are gone (i.e. carrying Town Portal and Identify Scrolls). You can't have folks enter your public game and "ruin" it by porting straight to a boss and killing him/her before you get there. "Rushing" seems as easy as joining a friend's game with a further along save point and from there I think you have access to all the previous quests even if you didn't complete em.

Overall I'm really liking these changes over Diablo II. Can't say I was a hardcore Diablo II player and was probably more along the line of a casual one. Maybe that's one reason I'm really liking the current state of the game. Not counting the midnight release I haven't had any notable issues with logging on and if a server restart needs to happen I just use that as a break to take care of stuff around the house.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#9LightHawKnightPosted 5/17/2012 10:57:51 AM

There's things I don't care for but I still play.

Everything has a cooldown, even potions. yes potions.

That is what health globes are for, you don't potion spam in this game. Saves you a bit on gold. Not that it really matters that much.

---
I had to smile at the man. I mean, you have to smile at idiots and children.
Official Knight of Gamefaqs
#10BogePosted 5/17/2012 11:17:49 AM
It meets my expectations. It doesn't surpass them, possibly because I had high expectations in the first place.

I haven't played beyond the Skeleton King, but so far I'd give the game a 9/10.

I love the changes in the skill system. I have no problems with not distributing stats. I like the class variety and balance. I LOVE the way loot works in multiplayer and how the questing works.

My only complaints with the game so far:

There is no custom chat that multiple players can join from different games so I can chat with all my friends at once.

It's online only, so no mods and disconnection issues.

No /nopickup option (that I can find anyway).

Shallow experience radius sharing with groups. I wish they'd just make it so it's zone based. It's just too easy to get 2-3 screens away from someone.

It's online only, so no mods and disconnection issues.

It's online only.

Did I mention that there is no offline mode? I wish I could slap the moron in the face that suggested this.
---
The more options, the merrier.