companion question

#1mD_atheistPosted 5/17/2012 12:10:26 PM
I am using the hunter class so obviously I am ranged so my companion is templar. I have his spec for tanking but he does not seem to tank very well at all. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? Just wondering if anyone could help me out cause im new to the series.
---
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
- via the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by John Adams
#2mD_atheist(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2012 12:12:39 PM
My apologies, I should ne more specific. The main issue is that he isnt taking aggro very well at all.
---
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
#3mD_atheist(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2012 8:41:22 PM
Bump
---
#4TimbermawPosted 5/17/2012 8:42:18 PM
Companions were not meant to be any useful at all in this game. Just a small bonus.
---
Gamer Entitlement analyst, PhD.
"Master of all swords, cut energy! Night Sword!"
#5FearbeardPosted 5/17/2012 8:44:42 PM
Yeah, they aren't really designed to fulfill a role in a party, just to give you some small boosts. Since you get part of their +xp per kill and +magic find I usually just load them up on that stuff.
---
As soon as there is hype, there is hate.
http://backloggery.com/fearbeard
#6BDSMPosted 5/17/2012 8:46:02 PM
Don't think of them as party members.

Think of them as minor buffs.
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1