How Do You Save Game During Single Player?

#1WalexandroPosted 5/17/2012 4:56:34 PM
I'm new to Diablo and I'm trying to save my progress but there is no save options except "leave game" and "exit diablo". Does this game auto save my progress?
---
I'm a Fighter, Not Too Good, But That's What I DO
#2t3hNubPosted 5/17/2012 4:57:44 PM
It's online all the time; when you leave the game, it saves.
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#3ZiktenPosted 5/17/2012 4:58:06 PM
yes
#4ChromaticAngelPosted 5/17/2012 4:58:49 PM
I found that it saves even in a crash
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#5Darkinsanity1Posted 5/18/2012 12:17:24 PM
I don't know how true this is. When being disconnected from the server for instance you will lose stuff you picked up. Or if you exit the game it doesn't always save your progress such as uncovered way points.
---
Every time you read this, squirrels randomly burst into flames. Think of the squirrels.
#6Allvah2Posted 5/18/2012 12:18:46 PM
AFAIK it saves at "Checkpoints" and when you enter/leave town. As well as one final time when you "leave game" or "exit Diablo III" via the menu.
---
Check out 'Analog' - Great video game music every week, Tuesday nights at 8pm Central US time! Tune in to Extreme Anime Radio - http://animeradio.net
#7tmons78Posted 5/18/2012 12:19:08 PM
I think it autosaves for you when you reach a new checkpoint. Your character will be reset to the last checkpoint area when you log back in. So, if you want to keep all the stuff you just found, find a checkpoint, and then exit the game.
#8dantheman3389Posted 5/18/2012 12:20:18 PM
There is no "single player" this is Diablo.

The game is ALWAYS online and therefore is always active.

You cannot for example, pick a skill, and then "reload" back to a checkpoint. Checkpoints are JUST WHERE YOU SPAWN.
---
Genetically superior baby!
#9KejeLLPosted 5/18/2012 12:20:51 PM
Everything that happens happens on the server. If you get logged out or the computer crashes all your progress is still saved. Nothing is saved client-side. You would only lose gear/items if the server crashes and has to be rolled back
---
http://totalrevue.com/
#10Cyclone314Posted 5/18/2012 12:22:10 PM
More importantly, does anyone know yet how saving works with Hardcore in case of a crash? If I get dropped from the server mid battle, is the character safe or dead?
---
I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy it