Town portal?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Town portal?
4 years ago#1
Is there some type of spell or item that functions similar to the town portal? I can't seem to find anything resembling this feature. I'll go ahead and add that I'm only level 8 right now, does this feature become available later or am I just overlooking something?
{}\\{}(o){}\\//{}//=\\{})){}(< \\//{}{{-{}//\\{}
4 years ago#2
You'll do a quest that tells you to click the Portal button. Also, press T. It becomes unlocked.
Currently writing a guide for: Diablo III
Prolific Contributor: www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/32351.html
4 years ago#3
just keep playing, you'll get the answer soon enough.
PSN: Falcon-02
4 years ago#4
You buy Scroll of Town Portal from... wait, never mind this version was dumbed down. Press the T button.
R.I.P - My kitty 2010-2012 on 3/22/2012
She lost her battle with Feline Leukemia
4 years ago#5
Acquired after you get the skeleton kings crown
Xbox Live: stormquiver
PSN: stormquiver
4 years ago#6
Also, when you start getting unidentified items, you can just right click on them to identify.
Digitally penetrated? Well at least she didn't use an analog stick.
4 years ago#7
It also appears to be infinitely accessible, which is a nice step up from having to use the scrolls.
4 years ago#8
They should introduce pets in this game. After playing Torchlight 2 beta, I yearn for a pet feature just so I don't have to keep porting back to town and sell almost every 5 minutes.
http://i.imgur.com/s0Iqy.gif http://i.imgur.com/MGH4L.gif
thelemongrove.tumblr.com/ - last.fm/user/j-doan
4 years ago#9
kingofthekids posted...
It also appears to be infinitely accessible, which is a nice step up from having to use the scrolls.

You can't use it on boss areas.

GM_ posted...
You buy Scroll of Town Portal from... wait, never mind this version was dumbed down. Press the T button.

Well now it has cast time, you can't just pop one from your book when things get rough.
4 years ago#10
GM_ posted...

There are certainly quite a few aspects of this game that one could call dumbed down. This is not one of them. I think it's more accurate to call it dumb "feature" removed. The scrolls served no purpose other than taking up an inventory slot. I never ran out of portal scrolls. I was never presented with an added challenge because of the scrolls. They were just there, eternally taking up a spot in my inventory.

If you really feel this improvement is "dumbing down" the game then pick a slot in your inventory and declare that you cannot use that slot for anything, ever. There, now it's like the scrolls were never gone to begin with. Problem solved.
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Town portal?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived