Town portal?

#1Nomadic ViewPosted 5/17/2012 7:17:37 PM
Is there some type of spell or item that functions similar to the town portal? I can't seem to find anything resembling this feature. I'll go ahead and add that I'm only level 8 right now, does this feature become available later or am I just overlooking something?
---
{}\\{}(o){}\\//{}//=\\{})){}(< \\//{}{{-{}//\\{}
#2noz3r0Posted 5/17/2012 7:18:26 PM
You'll do a quest that tells you to click the Portal button. Also, press T. It becomes unlocked.
---
Currently writing a guide for: Diablo III
Prolific Contributor: www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/32351.html
#3mphsht6Posted 5/17/2012 7:18:46 PM
just keep playing, you'll get the answer soon enough.
---
PSN: Falcon-02
#4GM_Posted 5/17/2012 7:18:58 PM
You buy Scroll of Town Portal from... wait, never mind this version was dumbed down. Press the T button.
---
R.I.P - My kitty 2010-2012 on 3/22/2012
She lost her battle with Feline Leukemia
#5Orion16Posted 5/17/2012 7:19:02 PM
Acquired after you get the skeleton kings crown
---
Xbox Live: stormquiver
PSN: stormquiver
#6Kanus_oq_SerunaPosted 5/17/2012 7:19:15 PM
Also, when you start getting unidentified items, you can just right click on them to identify.
---
Digitally penetrated? Well at least she didn't use an analog stick.
#7kingofthekidsPosted 5/17/2012 7:19:42 PM
It also appears to be infinitely accessible, which is a nice step up from having to use the scrolls.
#8JuiciiPosted 5/17/2012 7:21:49 PM
They should introduce pets in this game. After playing Torchlight 2 beta, I yearn for a pet feature just so I don't have to keep porting back to town and sell almost every 5 minutes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/s0Iqy.gif http://i.imgur.com/MGH4L.gif
thelemongrove.tumblr.com/ - last.fm/user/j-doan
#9anime295Posted 5/17/2012 7:22:46 PM
kingofthekids posted...
It also appears to be infinitely accessible, which is a nice step up from having to use the scrolls.

You can't use it on boss areas.

GM_ posted...
You buy Scroll of Town Portal from... wait, never mind this version was dumbed down. Press the T button.

Well now it has cast time, you can't just pop one from your book when things get rough.
#10SabreNation81Posted 5/17/2012 8:07:34 PM
GM_ posted...

There are certainly quite a few aspects of this game that one could call dumbed down. This is not one of them. I think it's more accurate to call it dumb "feature" removed. The scrolls served no purpose other than taking up an inventory slot. I never ran out of portal scrolls. I was never presented with an added challenge because of the scrolls. They were just there, eternally taking up a spot in my inventory.

If you really feel this improvement is "dumbing down" the game then pick a slot in your inventory and declare that you cannot use that slot for anything, ever. There, now it's like the scrolls were never gone to begin with. Problem solved.
---
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins