Is it just me or does Witch Doctor kind of suck?

#11SirGizmoPosted 5/18/2012 7:20:58 AM
Soul Harvest people, it's not a difficult skill name to remember. At least two people here completely borked it.
---
www.YouTube.com/BleepGeekTV
New MW3 episodes every Monday/Wednesday/Friday and new AC:Revelations episodes every Tuesday/Thursday!
#12g0tbeef89Posted 5/18/2012 7:22:08 AM
Toads are meh because you can't aim them properly.

Syphon and acid rain on the other hand .... OP as f***!
---
Ignoring all from tote and toast.
Toss Veto7: Korhal, Metal, Entomb
#13Shale0Posted 5/18/2012 7:22:58 AM
Sorry, witch doctors what? I couldn't hear you over the sound of you being turned into a chicken and fed to a giant frog.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#14wanderzPosted 5/18/2012 7:24:30 AM
i've actually found the witch doctor to be the easiest i've tried so far.. or maybe it's just more fun, so it seems easier.. not sure.

i however don't really like the toads that much. they work great if you are up close, but with the jumping spiders you can launch them everywhere and they will all hit (unless you try to miss) the toads seem to spread out to much to fast so generally only 1 hits the target.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#15BigJuicyOrangePosted 5/18/2012 7:24:44 AM
SirGizmo posted...
Soul Harvest people, it's not a difficult skill name to remember. At least two people here completely borked it.

Soul Harvest is the skill, Siphon is the rune.
#16g0tbeef89Posted 5/18/2012 7:26:30 AM
Btw this is how my skill progression went as levels passed.

Leaping Spiders/AoE slow with slow rune

Followed by:

Splinter/Dire Bat

Followed by:

Firebomb/Acid Rain

However it really worries me in later difficulties. Are my pets gonna be useless? Currently walking around with zombie dogs, gargantua, jungle whatever and zombie handler.
---
Ignoring all from tote and toast.
Toss Veto7: Korhal, Metal, Entomb
#17SirGizmoPosted 5/18/2012 8:51:11 AM
g0tbeef89 posted...
Btw this is how my skill progression went as levels passed.

Leaping Spiders/AoE slow with slow rune

Followed by:

Splinter/Dire Bat

Followed by:

Firebomb/Acid Rain

However it really worries me in later difficulties. Are my pets gonna be useless? Currently walking around with zombie dogs, gargantua, jungle whatever and zombie handler.

Zombie Dogs are only useful for Sacrifices later, and my Gargantuan is currently getting one shotted in Hell. Either use a Templar or play with others who will tank for you.
---
www.YouTube.com/BleepGeekTV
New MW3 episodes every Monday/Wednesday/Friday and new AC:Revelations episodes every Tuesday/Thursday!
#18dkgamerPosted 5/18/2012 8:55:01 AM
I went with WD because I like necro style classes with minions/pets, but they seem to be getting pretty weak now and i'm only in nightmare. I fear they will be useless in hell/inferno which is a shame :( Might have to switch to harder hitting spells and some mana regen abilities.
---
A Valley Without Wind - Dynamic RPG from Arcen Games!
http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/games/avww-features
#19wickdawg01Posted 5/18/2012 8:57:32 AM
nomadski69 posted...
Early game - weak, late game - OP.

Thats the impression I get from people, tho havent rolled a WD yet myself.

Really? Im hearing just the opposite. Early in game OP with pets and once you start playing the harder difficulties the pets become useless because they die in one hit and you run outta mana super quick
---
Karma will come to your house and wreck up the place.
------TimEnchanter