So why craft if there's AH?

#11Freakazoid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 7:04:05 AM
Nerpraptor posted...
Because when your blacksmith is max level you can craft set items and legendaries

you cant buy those in AH?
haha...

but yeah, i did think about that... it'll probably only be useful in its highest levels..
---
Super-teen extraordinaire.
#12angermngment101Posted 5/20/2012 7:15:50 AM

but buying from AH vs crafting... seems like crafting is too much an investment with too uncertain a result... :S

I like crafting personally. I could craft one item like 5-6 times costing me like 10-18k instead of buying the item for 30-40k on the AH.

Then I have the item that I wanted, and possibly 1-2 items that I could just sell on the AH for like 5k... So I just made most of my money back.

Its an investment.
---
Viva la bamba
#13Link_AJPosted 5/20/2012 7:17:15 AM
angermngment101 posted...
but buying from AH vs crafting... seems like crafting is too much an investment with too uncertain a result... :S

I like crafting personally. I could craft one item like 5-6 times costing me like 10-18k instead of buying the item for 30-40k on the AH.

Then I have the item that I wanted, and possibly 1-2 items that I could just sell on the AH for like 5k... So I just made most of my money back.

Its an investment.

If you're buying stuff for 40k, you're doing it wrong.
#14insanekyoPosted 5/20/2012 7:20:56 AM
To be honest, the economy/items just suck in this game. And you add a bad Auction search system and I don't see players using this much. And they want to add cash items to it?

Many free to play MMOs have done this better. In a good MMO, you could spend the whole day messing around with the auction house. Using it in this game makes you want to stab your hand.
#15angermngment101Posted 5/20/2012 7:22:16 AM

If you're buying stuff for 40k, you're doing it wrong.

It was just an example.
---
Viva la bamba
#16PishinPosted 5/20/2012 7:23:04 AM
i wish the ah had more options to search by
---
Psn: Carpe__
#17Cmac4Posted 5/20/2012 7:23:22 AM
Freakazoid posted...
Nerpraptor posted...
Because when your blacksmith is max level you can craft set items and legendaries

haha...

but yeah, i did think about that... it'll probably only be useful in its highest levels..

You could buy them on the AH but they would be extremely expensive...Also when the RMAH launches...Id think the best stuff will only be on there for real money so Id be crafting instead.
---
I was going to say the cake is a lie, then I took an arrow to the knee...Then I ate some oranges and everything was k.
#18ShimmerManPosted 5/20/2012 7:35:14 AM(edited)
The randomization of the Blacksmith is not working with the Auction house.
If someone is unlucky they can possibly spend 100k worth of gold and mats looking for the item they need instead of going to the RMAH and spending 5k. Pointless.
#19Freakazoid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 7:34:26 AM(edited)
Cmac4 posted...
You could buy them on the AH but they would be extremely expensive...Also when the RMAH launches...Id think the best stuff will only be on there for real money so Id be crafting instead.

Actually i'm not sure about this... if you only have 10 slots to sell on AH...
and I'm guessing RMAH economy will be significantly slower than GAH...

unless you have REALLY kickass items, would you waste time in RMAH?
How many kickass items you can loot/craft up in a day?

then again, maybe you're right... who knows... we'll see it in a couple of weeks...
---
Super-teen extraordinaire.
#20AsucaHayashiPosted 5/20/2012 7:39:40 AM
Freakazoid posted...
Nerpraptor posted...

haha...

paying several million for one legendary/set item is a worse idea than 600k(along with the assload of dropped pages) to get blacksmith to level 10 for when a rare plan drops for that 5million+ item.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?