Tutorial: How to set up a console controller for Diablo 3 (video)

#1Nick_Chaos007Posted 5/20/2012 3:13:24 PM
Moving the mouse around so much was hurting my wrist. I wanted to use a controller for Diablo 3 but the game doesn't support it. I made a tutorial on how to set up a controller to use for Diablo 3....and really anything on your computer.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWQNoitjNU&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for the audio my mics in my laptop.

I use a logitech controller. Its set up exactly like a PS3 controller just numbered instead of letters and symbols

PS3
R1 - Left mouse click
R2 - Right mouse click
Square, triangle, X, O - hot keys 1,2,3,4
L1 - Shift
L2 - Z (zoom)
Select - Q (potions)
Start - ESC or Inventory
Left Joystick - Mouse

I can change the speed of how fast the joystick moves the mouse as well to control how comfortable the mouse speed is.
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#2Nick_Chaos007(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 3:45:41 PM
bump
---
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!
#3s0ySaucedPosted 5/20/2012 5:00:31 PM
nice I'll give it a try, btw how well does this work with demon hunter, im sure this will work fine with melee classes.
#4gungrave9009Posted 5/20/2012 5:03:46 PM
Why would you even want to play on a controller?
#5AbsolutelyAlexPosted 5/20/2012 5:04:21 PM

Why would you even want to play on a controller?

Moving the mouse around so much was hurting my wrist

I don't have this problem, but the answer to your question is there, in the first sentence of the first post.
#6Nick_Chaos007(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 5:24:39 PM
s0ySauced posted...
nice I'll give it a try, btw how well does this work with demon hunter, im sure this will work fine with melee classes.

works pretty good. I'm on act 2 though and I've played all the way using the mouse and key board so getting use to the transition is kinda new, I just play the same little area over and over again to get use to it. After getting use to it, it became a lot easier using the controller. However the hot keys were immediately easier to use, I was literally able to speed up all my skill usage which was great.
---