The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Auction House gem bug?

#1FAMILY777GUY351Posted 5/20/2012 3:22:02 PM
Hey all, I've been trying to post a gem and I undercut the other people selling that gem, but my gem isn't selling. The average price keeps changing so I know people are buying and selling them, so I asked a friend to check. They looked it up and the one that came up was priced higher than mine. Does anyone know how to fix this bug? I've tried several different prices and am not sure why this is happening and I can't sell any of my gems.
---
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.
#2Evan_ArrrrPosted 5/20/2012 3:26:49 PM
Sounds like you don't understand how the AH works.

People don't buy your specific item. They pay the average price for a single item (or stack of items) from a larger pool of items.
---
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."
- President Merkin Muffley, Dr. Strangelove
#3arkff7Posted 5/20/2012 3:28:51 PM
wait the auction house works how? i thought it worked like the ones in ffxi and wow
#4FAMILY777GUY351(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 3:29:52 PM
Huh? So let me get this straight:
I put up a gem for 500g (this is an example, I wouldn't come in here complaining about not being able to sell a 500g gem), I ask my friend to search that particular gem at 1 quantity, they tell me the gem that appears for them to buy out is 1,000g, my gem still hasn't sold. This is correct and intended?
---
#5rcrooksPosted 5/20/2012 3:34:22 PM
no, its not, and evan is clueless...

It works for some of the gems but is bugged for others... I had gems sitting on AH at 500g lower than the lowest buyout for over an hour that never sold
#6FAMILY777GUY351(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 3:36:04 PM
Did you find a fix? I'm not sure whether I should just leave it there or repost it in a few hours.
---
#7Evan_ArrrrPosted 5/20/2012 3:37:08 PM
Yes. If you have played EVE Online, it works like the market there. You pay the AVERAGE price for an item from the AH, period. When you post a sale, your sell price factors into the average price and that is what other people will pay for that item. When your specific instance of the item sells, you get paid your asking price.

At least that is how I understand it to work. If someone else cares to elaborate further and/or clarify my explanation, I'd appreciate it as well.
---
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."
- President Merkin Muffley, Dr. Strangelove
#8DetectivPenguinPosted 5/20/2012 3:37:46 PM
The auction house is just buggy. Give it some time.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fyPeQ.jpg
That's Pennington, a train passenger. He SAYS he's a detective, but I don't know.. THANK YOU mariolover2 for the sig!
#9Duke AriochPosted 5/20/2012 3:37:46 PM
Yeh i'm having this problem with everything above perfect, so your not wrong. It isn't working as it was intended....and stop undercutting me.
---
"Blood and souls for my Lord Arioch!" - Elric of Melnibone
#10arkff7Posted 5/20/2012 3:41:24 PM
thats strange snce you could potentially mess with the average by just listing stuff for max money to increase the average