Easy Way to Make Money

#1ProzacIsBackPosted 5/20/2012 11:39:32 PM(edited)
Basic idea: Using +Gold Find, and monster-light barrels-high spots to farm gold at comparatively high difficulties.

Requirements:

1) ~20k start. This is about what it costs to buy a cheap set of Gold Find across the board. You can find most options for ~1k to ~2k, but rings and amulets will cost more.
2) Access to the end of Act 1
3) Equip gold-find gear

Process:

Start a game on Act I, Sword of the Stranger

{Waypoint to The Royal Crypts
Break all the pots all the way up to the skeleton-summoning room.
Town portal back, and leave game.
Resume game.}

Repeat as necessary.

On Hell, with +144% gold find(Not spectacular), this is getting me approximately 6.5k a run. A run takes anywhere from a 1m45s, to 2m, if I get too lazy to use teleport. You run into a few skeletons(three to four a run, maybe more if they surprise you out of chests), but you also pick up a gem every other run or so, and about a rare a run if you've got a little Magic Find thrown in there with it. Also a reasonable amount of Pages/Tomes/Whathaveyou, if you need those.

That's 195k an hour, for those that are moderately math challenged and don't like to use teleport.

Compatible with any difficulty, but not recommended on Normal. Very recommend for those just reaching Nightmare/Hell/Inferno, and looking to build up a little extra cash.

For bonus points, buy stuff with Magic-Find, Pickup-Radius, and Walk-Speed to boot. Walk speed to boot, get it, c wut i did thur

/what somewhat useful topics look like, you sad lonely people with nothing better to do than complain about things
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#2VanDamPosted 5/20/2012 11:33:35 PM
Wait a second...

So youre telling me + to gold find helps with gold find?

WHAT!?!?
---
My power is discombobulatingly devastating, I could feel his facial tissue collapse under my force. Its ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.
#3Government_FoodPosted 5/20/2012 11:35:07 PM
But you're always finding gold anyway...
#4LucytenshiPosted 5/20/2012 11:36:54 PM
Sweet I'll try this for sure
---
Xbox Live Gamer tag Lucy Tenshi
FC Platinum 3609 8036 1192 www.myspace.com/babyfacelucy
#5SticksnrocksPosted 5/20/2012 11:37:55 PM
lol I have a better system. I currently have 18 million from sales. : D AH is your friend.
#6ProzacIsBack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 11:38:02 PM
VanDam posted...
Wait a second...

So youre telling me + to gold find helps with gold find?

WHAT!?!?

By all means, solo through Hell with goldfind-optimized equipment and see how foh wait, you're just an idiot.

Carry on. <3

For everyone else, the pre-leoric area is a ridiculously urn-rich environment, with very few enemies; this allows you to "break more barrels per second" than just about any other area. The fact that it's monster-light/free allows you to wear Gold-find equipment, at a difficulty that you normally would not be able to.

A Level 50 character cannot normally go through an Inferno dungeon wearing a bunch of stuff built around Gold Find. In parties, it's quartered, and you'll be useless. Solo, you will die. In both of those scenarios, and in normal non-GF playing, you make considerably less than ~200k for an hour of play(Again, at L50).
---
Prozac is a dick.
But he's a great player. He's like the Kanye West of GameFAQs, if Kanye had talent.
#7deklorePosted 5/20/2012 11:38:27 PM
Wat?

If you break pots and barrels they drop gold? OMG i didnt know that.
---
PSN: deklore
#8ProzacIsBack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 11:38:35 PM
Sticksnrocks posted...
lol I have a better system. I currently have 18 million from sales. : D AH is your friend.

While that post was nice, it was also useless.
---
Prozac is a dick.
#9SticksnrocksPosted 5/20/2012 11:40:16 PM(edited)
Does matter. I still have that amount of gold. It's a quicker system. People will eat up items on the AH right now. Regardless of the price.
#10JamieK1981Posted 5/20/2012 11:52:19 PM
Well, i am still on act 3 normal and i have over 100k gold, its easy to make gold, just sell the blues and above quality, ignore the white quality gear, that is crap and not worth the space it takes in your inventory.

I got fed up with the crafting in this game, its just too stupidly random, i mean, i crafted a wand, which is wizard only and it came with strength, another came with dexterity, thats when i gave up with that crappy crafting.

I mean, random is fine, but when it spawns an item for specific class that doesn't really benefit from it, like dexterity is for Demon hunter and Monks and so on, but when it comes with stats that are useless to that specific class, its just poorly done.