What is the class with the highest DPS? And what's best in Inferno?

#1Escaf1ownePosted 5/21/2012 12:27:30 PM
Just wondering because I've been hearing different things from different people, most recently that Barbs are the best for dishing out damage. As for Inferno, I was told that Wiz or DH is the best.

What's the deal?
---
NDS FC: 2239 6421 6465
#2Garfield64Posted 5/21/2012 12:29:06 PM
I have a Wizard Build that gives me insane DPS and makes me all but immune to dying.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#3Escaf1owne(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 12:29:13 PM
Bump. Fast board moves fast.
---
#4Escaf1owne(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 12:29:54 PM
lol of course I got a reply when I went to bump it.

Alright so that's one for Wiz.
---
#5ChaosbringerXPosted 5/21/2012 12:33:39 PM
Currently most of the classes are rubbish in anything past Inferno Act 1.

Wizard is on top by far though because of the high ranged damage and one of the skills that reduces the damage taken by a large amount. They still have incredible difficulty with most of the Act's and most groups of elites are impossible unless the modifiers are kind.

Bosses are quite easy though regardless, it just involves a lot of corpse running to get to them.
#6Escaf1owne(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 12:34:36 PM
2 for Wizard. Wonder how long it'll be before someone mentions a different class lol.
---
#7ChaosbringerXPosted 5/21/2012 12:40:18 PM
Well i've been playing a Monk myself and although I can handle Act 1 Inferno, my DPS is terrible as you have to focus almost completely on defences.

With the game in its current state, Wizard is really the only options, especially if your playing solo or with random's.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some nerfs to Wizard or buffs to the other classes though.
#8NomnautPosted 5/21/2012 1:12:16 PM
Garfield64 posted...
I have a Wizard Build that gives me insane DPS and makes me all but immune to dying.

I am very glad to hear this. I thought the consensus was that Monk's were OP and best for Inferno because they can apparently heal through all incoming damage.

Meanwhile, I've been playing my Wizard and am almost done with normal mode's Act III (currently level 30).

Could you expand a bit on what your level is and skill make up?

Personally, I've been using:
Frost Nova (with chance to refrost nova rune)
Blizzard (no rune yet)
Electrocute (extra lightning rune)
Familiar (with +12% dmg rune), Ice Armor (with slow close enemies rune)
Ray of Frost (with increase dmg over time rune)

Passives:
Glass Cannon (more dmg% for less armor%)
Cold Blooded (frozen or chilled targets take more dmg)
Arcane Potency (or whatever) (increase arcane power and arcane regen)

My play method is to stack "Chance to stun on hit" on my gear. I lay a blizzard down between me and a pack of enemies. Then I start electrocuting which chains through four of the mobs. Larger enemies (blue and yellow guys), I hit with Ray of Frost whose damage is increased by its own rune and cold blooded. If anything comes too close, it gets slowed and i frost nova. Then I kill it, and chances are (50% per enemy) it will re-frost nova everything around it. If something does happen to hit me, it gets frozen. If I can't take a hit, my ice armor and/or Blizzard and/or Ray of Frost has already slowed it enough that I can back up and/or do more dmg, re-frost nova after the CD is up. Meanwhile, my familiar is doing damage (bit crappy), but buffs all my damage by 12% (very cool).

How will that hold me up? I've been playing with swapping Ray of Frost out for Disintegrate when I get better runes for it.
---
PSN: dax552
XBLA: Dragon Hookers
#9Escaf1owne(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 1:19:35 PM
Nomnaut posted...
Garfield64 posted...

I am very glad to hear this. I thought the consensus was that Monk's were OP and best for Inferno because they can apparently heal through all incoming damage.

Meanwhile, I've been playing my Wizard and am almost done with normal mode's Act III (currently level 30).

Could you expand a bit on what your level is and skill make up?

Personally, I've been using:
Frost Nova (with chance to refrost nova rune)
Blizzard (no rune yet)
Electrocute (extra lightning rune)
Familiar (with +12% dmg rune), Ice Armor (with slow close enemies rune)
Ray of Frost (with increase dmg over time rune)

Passives:
Glass Cannon (more dmg% for less armor%)
Cold Blooded (frozen or chilled targets take more dmg)
Arcane Potency (or whatever) (increase arcane power and arcane regen)

My play method is to stack "Chance to stun on hit" on my gear. I lay a blizzard down between me and a pack of enemies. Then I start electrocuting which chains through four of the mobs. Larger enemies (blue and yellow guys), I hit with Ray of Frost whose damage is increased by its own rune and cold blooded. If anything comes too close, it gets slowed and i frost nova. Then I kill it, and chances are (50% per enemy) it will re-frost nova everything around it. If something does happen to hit me, it gets frozen. If I can't take a hit, my ice armor and/or Blizzard and/or Ray of Frost has already slowed it enough that I can back up and/or do more dmg, re-frost nova after the CD is up. Meanwhile, my familiar is doing damage (bit crappy), but buffs all my damage by 12% (very cool).

How will that hold me up? I've been playing with swapping Ray of Frost out for Disintegrate when I get better runes for it.

That sounds pretty powerful. I think I might ditch yet another character and switch to Wizard.
---
#10Escaf1owne(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2012 2:38:09 PM
Bump.

Any more opinions?
---