Good beginner stats for Inferno Barbarian?

#1TheCurseX2Posted 5/22/2012 9:47:34 PM
I'm in A3 Hell at the moment but would like a sort of glass ceiling to look into breaking in order to be effective somewhat in Inferno.

And yes, I'm aware I just said "Inferno Barbarian." Leave me alone, dammit.
---
A controversial poster in a sycophantic time!
#2IndrickBorealePosted 5/22/2012 9:48:47 PM
Best stats are: click your barbarian, click delete, then pick demon hunter or wizard.
There, saved you millions of gold and future homicidal tendencies.
---
Windows 7 64 bit
Phenom X4 955 460GTX 4096MB RAM
#3UldyssianPosted 5/22/2012 9:49:42 PM
I have about 40k Health and 23k DPS in Act I Inferno and it's still quite challenging.
#4CyoXPosted 5/22/2012 9:51:46 PM
Uldyssian posted...
I have about 40k Health and 23k DPS in Act I Inferno and it's still quite challenging.

whats your armor/resist at? health seems kinda low im already over that in act 2 hell.
#5UldyssianPosted 5/22/2012 9:53:28 PM
My armor and resist is crap. Average resist is 50 lol and 331 armor.
#6UldyssianPosted 5/22/2012 9:53:49 PM
Uldyssian posted...
My armor and resist is crap. Average resist is 50 lol and 3331 armor.
#7TheCurseX2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2012 9:57:28 PM
What I'm wondering if I should prioritize Strength over Vitality since I'm pretty much going to likely die in a few hits to any of the ridiculous affix champion packs but at least this way if I play with friends I can actually hurt people if they're distracted.
---
A controversial poster in a sycophantic time!
#8LotionExplosionPosted 5/22/2012 9:59:14 PM
<p>From: IndrickBoreale | #002
Best stats are: click your barbarian, click delete, then pick demon hunter or wizard.
There, saved you millions of gold and future homicidal tendencies.</p>

This right here.

A1 Inferno is easy. Then you get to A2 inferno and you get sick and tired of the old way you were playing. Wether it's with revenge and being a stunbot or spamming earthquake and dying constantly, other classes have much more fun and perform WAY better for a fraction of the price of barbarians.

I know it sucks, but believe me when I say it.. It'll be doing yourself a huge favor.
---
A sea, where a fallen musician can only lament his failure.
#9chaosblade11Posted 5/22/2012 10:07:29 PM
I'll be straight up and this is coming from one level 60 barb to another. You won't beat a SINGLE elite/champion group solo with barb. Not one, no matter how much health/dps you got. You are basically dead against anything that has any elemental buff like fire chain, arcane, ice, desecration. And its guaranteed every group has one of those, considering they get 5 buffs. 0% chance. Its not happening. I'd roll a wizard or DH like the others suggested.

My barb slaughtered hell mode no problem solo, but in inferno he gets raped like a school girl in prison, and there is no way around it. No need to delete your barb, just roll another character. Even with ignore pain up and 45k health, I still die in 2 secs to fire chain elites. If I maxed out my resists that might give me another second or 2 if I'm lucky, and that still isn't enough time to kill them, even with wrath of the berserker + damage boost. So yeah, its basically impossible as it currently stands.

I predict blizzard is going to make some changes in the future and make barb a more viable option. As it stands right now the classes aren't very balanced.
#10UldyssianPosted 5/22/2012 10:16:24 PM
chaosblade11 posted...
I'll be straight up and this is coming from one level 60 barb to another. You won't beat a SINGLE elite/champion group solo with barb. Not one, no matter how much health/dps you got. You are basically dead against anything that has any elemental buff like fire chain, arcane, ice, desecration. And its guaranteed every group has one of those, considering they get 5 buffs. 0% chance. Its not happening. I'd roll a wizard or DH like the others suggested.

I've beaten many elite/champion groups in Act I solo.