crippling wave vs deadly reach

#1prouddesiPosted 5/26/2012 6:07:54 AM
Which is the better move to use for Monk? Sorry new to the whole Diablo games. Thanks!
#2Elemental_GuardPosted 5/26/2012 6:09:18 AM
I'm pretty sure that it's Deadly Reach with the plus armor rune for tanking
---
Indifference is what topples civilizations. Be at one end of the spectrum.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1586/euclid.png
#3DahlVaughnniPosted 5/26/2012 6:12:36 AM
Depends on the situation. At lower difficulties, Crippling Wave is the best by far.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#4TenshouKairekiJinPosted 5/26/2012 6:15:46 AM(edited)
It depends how much damage reduction each gives you.

Deadly Reach gives you an extra 50% armor, but you have to take diminishing returns into account. Go hit something with it and see how much more damage reduction % you get from the boosted armor.

Crippling Wave gives a flat 20% damage reduction as long as you're hitting the monster. That damage reduction applies to all damage; the armor boost from Deadly Reach may only apply to physical damage - I'm not sure about that though.

I'd say if you're fighting a lot of archers, Deadly Reach would be best. If you're fighting up close, Crippling Wave may be better, especially if you're fighting element-using enemies up close.
---
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
The cheese of life is what turns the hamburger of life into the cheeseburger of life.
#5EnragedSlithPosted 5/26/2012 6:27:16 AM
The correct answer is Fists of Thunder with the Thunderclap rune.
#6PijinzPosted 5/26/2012 6:31:18 AM
EnragedSlith posted...
The correct answer is Fists of Thunder with the Thunderclap rune.

This.

I use two starters though, the other is Crippling Wave. But Thunderclap is just way too useful to skip. All of the more dangerous mobs like those wasps in act 2 or the heralds of pestilence in act 3 are so much easier if you have the means to get to them and take them down fast.
#7TenshouKairekiJinPosted 5/26/2012 6:36:41 AM(edited)
Yeah, if you don't need the extra damage reduction, Fists of Thunder + Thunderclap is probably the best. I couldn't survive using it my first time through Act 3 Hell and beyond though. With Crippling Wave, I was able to mow through the last 2 acts in Hell easily.
---
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
The cheese of life is what turns the hamburger of life into the cheeseburger of life.
#8funkyfritterPosted 5/26/2012 6:40:57 AM
Crippling wave is more offensive and great for clearing packs of swarming enemies. Deadly reach is better against stronger enemies, both because of the range and the defensive rune options.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!