crippling wave vs deadly reach

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. crippling wave vs deadly reach

User Info: prouddesi

prouddesi
4 years ago#1
Which is the better move to use for Monk? Sorry new to the whole Diablo games. Thanks!

User Info: Elemental_Guard

Elemental_Guard
4 years ago#2
I'm pretty sure that it's Deadly Reach with the plus armor rune for tanking
Indifference is what topples civilizations. Be at one end of the spectrum.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1586/euclid.png

User Info: DahlVaughnni

DahlVaughnni
4 years ago#3
Depends on the situation. At lower difficulties, Crippling Wave is the best by far.
Gamertag: Archlvt
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
TenshouKairekiJin 4 years ago#4
It depends how much damage reduction each gives you.

Deadly Reach gives you an extra 50% armor, but you have to take diminishing returns into account. Go hit something with it and see how much more damage reduction % you get from the boosted armor.

Crippling Wave gives a flat 20% damage reduction as long as you're hitting the monster. That damage reduction applies to all damage; the armor boost from Deadly Reach may only apply to physical damage - I'm not sure about that though.

I'd say if you're fighting a lot of archers, Deadly Reach would be best. If you're fighting up close, Crippling Wave may be better, especially if you're fighting element-using enemies up close.
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
The cheese of life is what turns the hamburger of life into the cheeseburger of life.

User Info: EnragedSlith

EnragedSlith
4 years ago#5
The correct answer is Fists of Thunder with the Thunderclap rune.

User Info: Pijinz

Pijinz
4 years ago#6
EnragedSlith posted...
The correct answer is Fists of Thunder with the Thunderclap rune.

This.

I use two starters though, the other is Crippling Wave. But Thunderclap is just way too useful to skip. All of the more dangerous mobs like those wasps in act 2 or the heralds of pestilence in act 3 are so much easier if you have the means to get to them and take them down fast.
TenshouKairekiJin 4 years ago#7
Yeah, if you don't need the extra damage reduction, Fists of Thunder + Thunderclap is probably the best. I couldn't survive using it my first time through Act 3 Hell and beyond though. With Crippling Wave, I was able to mow through the last 2 acts in Hell easily.
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
The cheese of life is what turns the hamburger of life into the cheeseburger of life.

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
4 years ago#8
Crippling wave is more offensive and great for clearing packs of swarming enemies. Deadly reach is better against stronger enemies, both because of the range and the defensive rune options.
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. crippling wave vs deadly reach

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived