Lets talk about Barbarian mechanics in Inferno.

#1KingRajeshPosted 5/28/2012 9:28:18 AM
Note: I'm in Act 3 Inferno, about to beat Azmodan, and move on to Act 4.

From 1-59 in Normal, Nightmare, and Hell, the Barbarian feels POWERFUL. He's got lots of health, can take some hits, even if some of those hits were supposed to be avoided, and keep on killing. Even when the packs roll affixes that are pretty harsh, like Vampiric/Desecrator, or Horde/waller/desecrator, the Barbarian shines with high health and great ability to move from place to place without dying. The Barbarian can stay in the pocket and go toe to toe with any monster pack in the first three difficulties.

All of this changes in Inferno. The dodgeable moves 1h kill every class, including my Barb that has almost 75k health. Monsters, especially champion pack minions, can kill me with regular damage if they come more than 2 at a time. All of a sudden, affixes matter, and I can't just head in and kill, I have to run around and kite, which isn't how the class is supposed to be played. In D2, I never ran from a group of mobs to kill them, but here I have to, and it doesn't feel fun.

Barbarians in Inferno SHOULD be like the other difficulties. I love this game, and I'll defend it all day from trolls, but this is probably my one and only major complaint.
#2VixenofVenusPosted 5/28/2012 9:31:45 AM
So ... the TLDR version is:

Inferno is hard. WAAAAAH, WAAAAAH.

Got it. ;)<br />
---
Matthew 5:5 - Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit Middlearth.
You think you have lag? It took Jesus three days to respawn!
#3KingRajesh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2012 9:37:42 AM
VixenofVenus posted...

Got it. ;)<br />

Please. if you're going to troll, do a better job. Inferno isn't hard, I just don't like what I have to do to kill mobs. I should be able to fight the packs as long as I dodge the mechanics that can be dodged (Dark Beserker red overhand, Fallen Champion Swing), but I can't because the mobs hit too hard.
#4EtharinPosted 5/28/2012 9:41:07 AM
I'm fine with dodgeable moves one shotting any class it's the unavoidable stuff like jailer+mortar and other combos that needs to be changed for inferno. Dodging moves = skill, getting one shot by unavoidable attacks isn't skill and isn't fun and even the best gear will never change that.
#5mallowPosted 5/28/2012 9:55:21 AM

From 1-59 in Normal, Nightmare, and Hell, the Barbarian feels POWERFUL. He's got lots of health, can take some hits, even if some of those hits were supposed to be avoided, and keep on killing. Even when the packs roll affixes that are pretty harsh, like Vampiric/Desecrator, or Horde/waller/desecrator, the Barbarian shines with high health and great ability to move from place to place without dying. The Barbarian can stay in the pocket and go toe to toe with any monster pack in the first three difficulties.

All of this changes in Inferno. The dodgeable moves 1h kill every class, including my Barb that has almost 75k health. Monsters, especially champion pack minions, can kill me with regular damage if they come more than 2 at a time. All of a sudden, affixes matter, and I can't just head in and kill, I have to run around and kite, which isn't how the class is supposed to be played. In D2, I never ran from a group of mobs to kill them, but here I have to, and it doesn't feel fun.

Barbarians in Inferno SHOULD be like the other difficulties. I love this game, and I'll defend it all day from trolls, but this is probably my one and only major complaint.

I feel teh same, though I'm only at Act 2..trying to farm wtih Butcher runs. Is that what you did to gear up?
---
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVN79bwqJrw
#6brisashiPosted 5/28/2012 9:57:17 AM
Every class has to kite and play defensively on inferno.

If you want to trample everything stay in hell.
---
A wizard did it.
#7lkhlkhPosted 5/28/2012 10:03:01 AM
playing it suddenly feel so slow..
#8KingRajesh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2012 10:07:44 AM
mallow posted...

I feel teh same, though I'm only at Act 2..trying to farm wtih Butcher runs. Is that what you did to gear up?

I farmed gold and then bought my gear from the AH.
#9KingRajesh(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2012 10:09:00 AM
brisashi posted...
Every class has to kite and play defensively on inferno.

If you want to trample everything stay in hell.

It shouldn't be like that for the Barbarian, the class that is played exclusively for staying in the pocket and killing things.

If I wanted to "play defensively", I would have rolled a monk or a wizard.
#10darkdeath03Posted 5/28/2012 10:09:18 AM
VixenofVenus posted...

Got it. ;)<br />

Uhh, play a barb in inferno past act 1 and come back with that attitude.
---
"man if you can't handle the teabags get out of the teacup."
-Cold Reaper GT: Zakkaria113