The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

SUPER INFERNO WIZARD Q&A

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. SUPER INFERNO WIZARD Q&A
3 years ago#1
Just a quick question for all acts.

(1) Please rate the following stats for inferno in order of priority:

- Intelligence
- Vitality
- Physical Resistance (with All Resist)
- Single Elemental Resistance (with All Resist)

(2) Given that you can easily kite champs, how important is physical resistance vs. elemental resist (fire/ice/lightning/poison/arcane)?

(3) How does physical resistance work?
- Do you absorb the damage or is the damage only lowered?
- Is there a soft cap?

(3) For Butcher farming (downed him but took awhile) - what do you suggest stacking on?
(a) Physical Resistance?
- will his grab/uber crit attack get mitigated heavily
(b) Fire Resistance?
- eh? lol! "dont stand in the fire"

THANKS!
---
"Counselling is done best if you're taking advantage of the woman" -yours truly
3 years ago#2
Depends what your class is. if your melee you MUST stack defense just so you don't get 1shotted while you try and do damage/tank.

As ranged its best to focus on your DPS stat, and defense/resistance after.

Stack all resistance as it covers all your bases (unless your a monk who can just stack 1 resistance and use a passive to make that all res)
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3 years ago#3
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Depends what your class is. if your melee you MUST stack defense just so you don't get 1shotted while you try and do damage/tank.

As ranged its best to focus on your DPS stat, and defense/resistance after.

Stack all resistance as it covers all your bases (unless your a monk who can just stack 1 resistance and use a passive to make that all res)

The topic says Super Inferno Wizard...
---
3DS FC - 4339-2480-7776
3 years ago#4
Intelligence
Dexterity

You dont need Vit ur gonna get one shotted anyway. GET DAT DODGE RATING UP
---
Hey! I've hit 1st prestige in MW2 so I know a thing or two about strategy!
3 years ago#5
stat priority from highest to lowest should be

all resist
physical resist
vitality
fire resist
intelligence
3 years ago#6
Im always wondering about this too.....what type of items should a wizard be stacking? I'm looking at the stats of the wizard who cleared inferno :::

http://i.imgur.com/fmyl9.jpg?1

I don't get how he has such a high dps if his itelligence is so low?

My intelligence, vit, dex and strength is about the same but my dps is is like so much lower compared to him.........my item is still a 900 dmg 2 hander even...I dont get it
3 years ago#7
1) intelligence > all resist > vit > single resist

2) both are equal, since ranged attacks are the scariest things to an exceptional kiter (the hitboxes are far bigger than they look)

3) damage is lowered. i've heard the cap is 75% but i have no sources or proof, so take it with a grain of salt.

4) physical resist has a higher value, since the only unavoidable ability he has (or so it seems) is his cone of chains, though it can be argued that you can stay at max range and avoid that too, sometimes the room wont permit it. Diamond skin handles the grab chain if you get caught fine enough.

Soloed past belial (did that fight without taking damage too) using an average of 150 resists.
---
"Why do you still go to Gamefaqs?"
"Because everyone needs a good laugh once in a while."
3 years ago#8
since this is a general Q & A topic (i assume) i guess ill ask:

which is more popular for kiting? arcane orb+temporal passive or blizzard? i consider venom hydra core for all builds
---
"Why do you still go to Gamefaqs?"
"Because everyone needs a good laugh once in a while."
3 years ago#9
(1) Please rate the following stats for inferno in order of priority:

-1. Intelligence
-2. Vitality
-3. All resist
-4. Fire or Arcane resist (being ranged fire and arcane are your biggest threats)

(2) Given that you can easily kite champs, how important is physical resistance vs. elemental resist (fire/ice/lightning/poison/arcane)?
-Instead of physical resistance, get armor. Your armor (in conjunction with Energy armor with force) will give you enough armor to work with, try to hit around 4.5K armor. Elemental resistances are MUCH better for a wizard, in particular, fire and arcane. Fire for molten and fire chain enemies, arcane for arcane sentries.

(3) How does physical resistance work?
- Do you absorb the damage or is the damage only lowered?
- Is there a soft cap?
Basically physical resists is another way to add to your armor and no damage is ever absorbed by any resists, the damage is just lowered. A soft cap, not really, the more the merrier since it will still increase your "real" hp.

(3) For Butcher farming (downed him but took awhile) - what do you suggest stacking on?
(a) Physical Resistance?
- will his grab/uber crit attack get mitigated heavily
(b) Fire Resistance?
- eh? lol! "dont stand in the fire"

Fire, if you have enough armor and hp your energy armor will still prevent you from getting one shotted by his physical attacks.
3 years ago#10
djkdjk801 posted...
Im always wondering about this too.....what type of items should a wizard be stacking? I'm looking at the stats of the wizard who cleared inferno :::

http://i.imgur.com/fmyl9.jpg?1

I don't get how he has such a high dps if his itelligence is so low?

My intelligence, vit, dex and strength is about the same but my dps is is like so much lower compared to him.........my item is still a 900 dmg 2 hander even...I dont get it

Dear lord! HOW CAN HE HAVE THAT MUCH DPS WHILE WEARING BLUES!?
---
"Counselling is done best if you're taking advantage of the woman" -yours truly
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. SUPER INFERNO WIZARD Q&A

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived