Monk: Easiest resistance to stack along with All Resist?

#1TakanitPosted 5/29/2012 5:35:03 PM
So I've read that Monks should stack one type of resistance as well as All Resist in order to doubledip with the passive skill.

However, is there a resistance that's preferable to stack or should I just pick one and stick with it?

I'm thinking that physical resist + all resist would be pretty strong with the passive, is it common enough on gear?
#2noz3r0Posted 5/29/2012 5:38:28 PM
Physical will be one of the better ones for massive groups that will attack. The resist all is for the nasty spells that enemies cast, but those aren't as often as Physical attacks.
---
Currently writing a guide for: Diablo III
Prolific Contributor: www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/32351.html
#3f3akishlyuglyPosted 5/29/2012 5:39:58 PM
it workis like that?, i thought i just made all the other stats as high as your highest
---
XBL GT = f3akishlyugly
If you choke a Smurf, What color does it turn?
#4ChaoticKanePosted 5/29/2012 5:40:11 PM
It absolutely doesn't matter. Just try to pick one that you think you will have an easier time finding gear with it on them.
---
But lets not forget how deadly the zerg were in Starship troopers! Well until the Terrans got Marauders. - julbull73
#5TheWarhammeronlPosted 5/29/2012 5:41:34 PM
He is talking about what resist he should get that is usually easier / cheaper to stack with All resist.

I personally just randomly choose lightning and it has worked out fine.

My friend choose Arcane and it also worked out fine.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#6KaitaNuvaPosted 5/29/2012 5:42:00 PM
Every kind of resistance is just as common as the next. I for one chose Arcane, because one day I just so happened to notice that I had 115 Arcane resistance without even trying to stack. It was also the day I discovered the passive skill OWE.

Doesn't hurt that Arcane Resistance is the first resistance option to show up on AH dropdown search menu.
---
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
#7Dragondude717Posted 5/29/2012 5:43:11 PM
It absolutely doesn't matter. Just try to pick one that you think you will have an easier time finding gear with it on them.

That was his question.

I THINK that Physical resistance is most common on gear.
---
Life is a RPG.
#8Takanit(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2012 5:45:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the contribution :)
#9Richter13Posted 5/29/2012 5:55:33 PM
Physical Resistance of course due to the massive amounts of phys. damage you take as melee.

Second would be Fire since it adds survivability vs. two champ types = Molten and Fire Chains (and I believe Mortar as well) - deadly for melee.

The others only affect one type of enemy buff.
---
"Counselling is done best if you're taking advantage of the woman" -yours truly
#10gommlePosted 5/29/2012 5:56:29 PM
I chose lightning, and it doesn't seem to be very common.