How long did it take you to beat normal and what lvl should you be for nightmare

#1Escaf1ownePosted 6/2/2012 3:45:37 PM
So about 22 hours in (counting idle time), I beat Normal at lvl 32. That's not impressive I'm sure, but I'm just sharing my experience with it there.

My real concern is Nightmare. I haven't started it yet (been busy with work) and was wondering if it was safe or not for me to start at that level. Also, do drops get better in NM? Especially money, because I want to be able to get the stuff together to go to Whimsyshire and I know it costs like 150k total the first time around.

Any advice for a lvl 32 Barb in general would be nice too. Thanks everyone :)
---
NDS FC: 2239 6421 6465
#2dominatinggamerPosted 6/2/2012 3:54:37 PM
I have a lvl 37 WD, 21Wiz and 21 Barb and have earned over 500k so far just normally progressing through the game. It shouldn't be too difficult to get up enough to do the secret level thing. It took my WD roughly 22hrs as well to beat normal and I too was lvl32 when I started nightmare. I was getting my ass handed to me at first in NM so I bought a few pieces of gear on the AH and now its not too bad but I can def tell there was a bump in difficulty.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#3Escaf1owne(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 4:10:14 PM(edited)
dominatinggamer posted...
I have a lvl 37 WD, 21Wiz and 21 Barb and have earned over 500k so far just normally progressing through the game. It shouldn't be too difficult to get up enough to do the secret level thing. It took my WD roughly 22hrs as well to beat normal and I too was lvl32 when I started nightmare. I was getting my ass handed to me at first in NM so I bought a few pieces of gear on the AH and now its not too bad but I can def tell there was a bump in difficulty.

Thanks for the input man. How would you find the drops to be in NM so far? A bit better I hope? As for your WD, what are they like at the level you're at? I heard they kinda sucked past normal lol.

Also, lol at our similarities.
---
#4SnadadosPosted 6/2/2012 4:10:38 PM
Yeah, most people start nightmare in their low 30s so you should be fine.
Might have to hit up the auction house once or twice during nightmare for a weapon or something.

Money will come in pretty quickly in nightmare. 100-200 gold drops are quite common and in acts 3 and 4 I remember coming out of each dungeon 20-30k richer.
Got the achievement for collecting 500k total somewhere in act 3 I think.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#5SharperKnivesPosted 6/2/2012 4:11:25 PM
the only thing you need to start NM is a new weapon
---
People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people.
#6Hell0nEarthPosted 6/2/2012 4:13:56 PM

You must be pretty bad at this game if you were struggling with nightmare at level 32.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#7BigEholixs27Posted 6/2/2012 4:17:48 PM
My cousin beat it with level 13 Monk under 3 hours
---
PSN: BigEholixs
#8Hard_BoiledPosted 6/2/2012 4:20:04 PM
I think it is like lvl 30 at the end of normal, lvl 50 at end of nightmare, lvl 60 at end of hell. Then get ass kicked in inferno.
---
i7-2600, 8GB RAM, GTX 580, Win7(64-bit)
#9Escaf1owne(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 4:22:31 PM
Snadados posted...
Yeah, most people start nightmare in their low 30s so you should be fine.
Might have to hit up the auction house once or twice during nightmare for a weapon or something.

Money will come in pretty quickly in nightmare. 100-200 gold drops are quite common and in acts 3 and 4 I remember coming out of each dungeon 20-30k richer.
Got the achievement for collecting 500k total somewhere in act 3 I think.

Thanks for the info :)

Just out of curiosity, what class were you running and were you fully exploring everything?
---
#10Escaf1owne(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 4:24:39 PM(edited)
BigEholixs27 posted...
My cousin beat it with level 13 Monk under 3 hours

Your cousin is ub3r 1337 H4x0rrr

Hell0nEarth posted...

You must be pretty bad at this game if you were struggling with nightmare at level 32.

Congrats, you're the douche of the thread.
---