Weapon setup for a wizard in inferno

#1il_capitanoPosted 6/3/2012 4:10:37 PM
So,i have loads of gold and i want to buy the best possible weapon combo for Inferno.

What is the best option?1h+source or 2h?whats the minimum dps for a top tier weapon?

For example,i see in the AH a wand with 786,8 dps,1,40 attacks per second,261 int,166 vit,1491 life after kill,and +15 max arcane power,is it a top weapon or i should look for a better one?

Any opinion is welcome,i don't want to waste my precious gold :)
#2il_capitano(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 4:16:11 PM
bump
#3SirGizmoPosted 6/3/2012 4:34:26 PM
If you plan on using Arcane Orb, like most Wizards, you want the slowest highest damaging 2H weapon you can find. Something about the way Arcane Orb calculates it's damages suggests that 2H is far superior than 1H/Source.
---
www.YouTube.com/BleepGeekTV
New MW3 episodes every Monday/Wednesday/Friday and new AC:Revelations episodes every Tuesday/Thursday!
#4SteamsterPosted 6/3/2012 4:34:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5goguesPosted 6/3/2012 4:37:24 PM
I've been using a slow, high damage per hit weapon because they do a much better job at conserving AP, and I don't have room for a primary spell in my skill list so doing so makes it a lot harder for me to run out and be left with nothing to attack with.
#6crondizzlePosted 6/3/2012 4:38:53 PM
I dont agree with people who say to get slow weapon. I mean 2h is good but id rather a 1h/source, or 2h with IAS on it. Because when you're kiting the cast animation is much faster if you have good IAS.
#7il_capitano(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 4:39:53 PM
SirGizmo posted...
If you plan on using Arcane Orb, like most Wizards, you want the slowest highest damaging 2H weapon you can find. Something about the way Arcane Orb calculates it's damages suggests that 2H is far superior than 1H/Source.

Thank you.

What do you think is the minimum dps for a wepon to be considered top stuff?1100 is enough,or maybe more?
#8djprofessork1Posted 6/3/2012 4:40:32 PM
il_capitano posted...
So,i have loads of gold and i want to buy the best possible weapon combo for Inferno.

What is the best option?1h+source or 2h?whats the minimum dps for a top tier weapon?

For example,i see in the AH a wand with 786,8 dps,1,40 attacks per second,261 int,166 vit,1491 life after kill,and +15 max arcane power,is it a top weapon or i should look for a better one?

Any opinion is welcome,i don't want to waste my precious gold :)

That is a pretty amazing wand. Only thing could make it better is Crit, crit dmg, or maybe ap on crit. That int and vit is really nice tho.
#9SirGizmoPosted 6/3/2012 4:42:09 PM
il_capitano posted...
SirGizmo posted...

Thank you.

What do you think is the minimum dps for a wepon to be considered top stuff?1100 is enough,or maybe more?

1000 damage will get you through early Inferno, later Inferno people want 1500+
---
www.YouTube.com/BleepGeekTV
New MW3 episodes every Monday/Wednesday/Friday and new AC:Revelations episodes every Tuesday/Thursday!
#10il_capitano(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 4:46:01 PM
wow 1500+??

I search in the AH for 2h with 250 int at least and max buyout 1billion,and the best i see has 1231 dps.

Anyway,thank you to everyone that are contributing.