Life on Hit

#1GreystrikePosted 6/3/2012 9:00:47 PM
I originally wanted my build to have max life steal. But since they go down the crapper at higher levels, they're not worth it.

So I'm thinking about Life on Hit.

Say you have 500 Life on Hit. Does this mean every INSTANCE of damage you deal heals you by 500 (or a fraction thereof due to balance issues)? Even the tiny ticks that Sweeping Wind does? If so it really is turning out that Life on Hit can become like the regen used by the no-vit/force armor wizards back then (assuming of course you have sufficient DR and HP).

Also, if you can amass that much LoH, I'm imagining it'll get nerfed soon. Since we saw Life Steal get that much disability.
---
"Good and bad do not exist - only the difference of opinion."
#2KelbimoosePosted 6/3/2012 9:02:12 PM
I get 5k HP upon every kill.
---
Careful! You've died ten rounds in a row so far...
#3Greystrike(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 9:03:02 PM
Kelbimoose posted...

But the trouble comes when you need to kill it in the first place.
---
"Good and bad do not exist - only the difference of opinion."
#4TheRealKoopPosted 6/3/2012 9:04:43 PM
LOH is awesome and everyones stacking it for inferno.

It depends on the spell, but its more like "life per swing".

For example, a barbarian with 100 LOH will:

Heal 100 per hit with frenzy

heal 100 per swing with cleave, regardless of the number of monsters

heal 100 per second per enemy with WW.
#5RieversPosted 6/3/2012 9:05:10 PM
I have about 1100 LoH (act 3 inferno monk) and it is soooo nice to have, since our heals don't scale at all.

As for as every hit proccing I'm not confident enough to answer, I know the spirit generators all cause it to proc, even WotHF with its second strike doing 7-10 hits does, albeit at a lower ratio.
#6KelbimoosePosted 6/3/2012 9:08:48 PM
Greystrike posted...
Kelbimoose posted...

If you're having trouble killing a single monster then life on hit and lifesteal aren't going to do anything, bro.
---
Careful! You've died ten rounds in a row so far...
#7VoidSeraphimPosted 6/3/2012 9:10:25 PM
Kelbimoose posted...
Greystrike posted...
Kelbimoose posted...

If you're having trouble killing a single monster then life on hit and lifesteal aren't going to do anything, bro.

Have you played Inferno yet? You try your Life on Kill on those Elite mobs over Life on Hit and tell me how it works please.
#8Cmac4Posted 6/3/2012 9:11:36 PM
Kelbimoose posted...
Greystrike posted...
Kelbimoose posted...

Come back when you have actually started playing Inferno...People who havent really shouldnt be giving any advice regarding optimal stats.
---
I was going to say the cake is a lie, then I took an arrow to the knee...Then I ate some oranges and everything was k.
#9JonnieWestPosted 6/3/2012 9:11:45 PM
Kelbimoose posted...
Greystrike posted...
Kelbimoose posted...

Yes, LoH will make a large difference when trying to kill things that don't die in 1-2 hits because you're not playing Normal difficulty.

It's almost required for Inferno because monsters have such high lifepools and damage that you can't kill them fast enough for LoK to be effective.
---
That's five minutes of my life I'm never getting back...
#10GraybesPosted 6/3/2012 9:12:09 PM
Kelbimoose posted...
Greystrike posted...
Kelbimoose posted...

Go back to playing on normal
---
Responding to trolls since 2003.