I HATE that diablo 3 is online only!

#1flamewolf393Posted 6/4/2012 9:36:48 PM
I dont play multiplayer. I never did in d2, dont plan to in d3. There is already a working server emulator for the pirates out there, so what is even the point of the online only? I dont want to have to login and be connected just for single player campaign. I dont want to deal with lag or crashes just because too many people are playing at once. Last night we lost power for a couple hours. My laptop was fine, but I could not play diablo 3 because the modem was off. Blizzard screwed us over with this crap, all for the purposes of trying to prevent piracy, and they end up only hurting their legitimate customers. Wtf blizzard? We payed 60 ****ing dollars for this game, we should be able to play it whenever, wherever, and however we want.
#2chaos_sage0265Posted 6/4/2012 9:38:50 PM
Blizzard only implemented online DRM because of the RMAH. It has nothing to do with piracy.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#3PowerGIPosted 6/4/2012 9:47:44 PM
It is SO easy to understand... Can you guess how many more copies of the game they sold because it's online only? I'm not saying there wont be a cracked version ever that will be exactly like the game, but right now, every single person who want to play the game past the Skeleton King of Act 1 has to buy the game. You better get used to it because this is probably the future of gaming to some extent.

Also without this, everybody would hack items, so the auction house, and especially the very lucrative for Blizzard "Real Money Auction House" would be virtually useless.

I understand that some people don't like it or are mad about it, change is always like this, but I CAN NOT get that some people say they don't UNDERSTAND why it's online only...
#4PowerGIPosted 6/4/2012 9:51:36 PM(edited)
Oh an by the way... I also paid 60$, I also play online single player, and I have no idea wtf you mean by they are hurting me... I'm a legitimate customer I'm not hurt whatsoever..
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 6/4/2012 9:54:19 PM
Its funny to think people use computers that aren't connected to the internet.

Its alot like if noone hears a tree falling in the forest type scenario.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-6iNzwXEg0
#6DevistroPosted 6/4/2012 9:56:00 PM
I hate that diablo 3 is online only and yet if you group with people the monsters are so insanely strong that your melee friends get 1 shot and since they have 3x more health than usual you wind up getting a debuff which kills you just for being near the enemy

Oh and if you group with people with less mf than you, the mf gets added together and divided by the number of players thus you get worse drops for being in game with low mf players. The game discourages multiplayer in an online only environment.
---
This is my world, a world filled with monsters. I wished for it.
#7Cool_Dude667Posted 6/4/2012 9:57:32 PM
I hate that diablo 3 is online only and yet if you group with people the monsters are so insanely strong that your melee friends get 1 shot and since they have 3x more health than usual you wind up getting a debuff which kills you just for being near the enemy

Oh and if you group with people with less mf than you, the mf gets added together and divided by the number of players thus you get worse drops for being in game with low mf players. The game discourages multiplayer in an online only environment.

The monster enraged because your group doesn't have enough dps in inferno mode. If the monsters didnt scale then the content would be laughably easy.

I can't believe people think like this 0.o
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-6iNzwXEg0