Monk - life per hit or life per second? Other important stats?

#1PapaRosario23Posted 6/9/2012 6:31:19 PM
I've seen guides that contradict each other on which is more useful. I've mostly seen people say that life per hit is more useful though. What do you guys think?

Also, what are the other most important stats for a monk? Right now I'm just trying to focus on life per hit, dex, armor, and cold resistance/resist all.
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
#2Lord HeimdallPosted 6/9/2012 6:33:14 PM
Um, I think that depends on how fast you hit. Stealing 600 life on hit if you hit twice in a second is better than something that adds 1k life per second, isn't it?
---
I used to be a Norse God, but then I took an arrow in the knee...
Currently playing: Dark Souls, KoA: Reckoning [PS3]
#3billybobjrsrPosted 6/9/2012 6:35:02 PM
Life on hit is better unless you are not hitting anything
---
I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm just high.
#4PapaRosario23(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 6:35:58 PM(edited)
Lord Heimdall posted...
Um, I think that depends on how fast you hit. Stealing 600 life on hit if you hit twice in a second is better than something that adds 1k life per second, isn't it?

Doesn't life per hit work for each mob you hit? So if you have 100 life per hit and hit 10 mobs with crippling wave, it's 1000 life per hit? So it's not as easy as just adding up the numbers. I just want to know what people have found more useful in their experience.
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
#5PapaRosario23(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 6:36:54 PM(edited)
billybobjrsr posted...
Life on hit is better unless you are not hitting anything

Thanks for the input. What about the other stats? Is there something important that I'm missing?
---
#6pookiejinPosted 6/9/2012 6:41:55 PM
i have been using Crippling wave with 130 life on hit. when i am surrounded its great, Life all day. but when its a tank mob, its not so hot. as i am entering Inferno, i see that i will need more life regen since i cant fight hard-hitters till i get better armors or tweak my runes for more dodge, currently at 50%