Diablo 3 duping

#21GuyIncognito_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 9:01:37 PM
Strife025 posted...
It's not duping and it's been secretly patched already.

It was *effectively* material duping.
---
psn: d-guyincognito-b
http://www.youtube.com/superguyincognito
#22emericaPosted 6/9/2012 9:01:50 PM
I don't see duping being successful this time around. They probably gave rares unique ID numbers or something to that effect to scan for duplicates. Or at least one would hope after D2
---
:)
http://www.youtube.com/AHitForBobby
#23KiThirstyPosted 6/9/2012 9:06:47 PM
emerica posted...
I don't see duping being successful this time around. They probably gave rares unique ID numbers or something to that effect to scan for duplicates. Or at least one would hope after D2

Yes, but they could dupe rare crafting materials, and use them to craft legitimate items before they are found and deleted, similar to putting duped runes in items in D2.
#24darkace77450Posted 6/9/2012 9:11:55 PM
But...but...but they said the reason I couldn't play offline...the reason I had to put up with server lag...the reason I had to put up with server maintenance was to prevent item duping. Surely this is all just a bad joke, right? Right?

Oh, its a joke alright.
#25mafiafunPosted 6/9/2012 9:19:29 PM
Still not understanding what exactly was being done to dupe. Why don't I ever get in on the action before **** gets hotfixed?
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#26KrookedTPosted 6/9/2012 9:56:32 PM
reset inc?
---
heart gold FC: 0303 2774 0070
GT:Krooked T
#27ZallKlosPosted 6/9/2012 9:59:29 PM
Duping was core of Diablo 1, same in D2. Not too surprise here.
---
Are girls something with ".jpg" at the end of their name?
#28ElderMisanthropyPosted 6/9/2012 10:22:32 PM
Nu Gundam FanaticPosted 6/10/2012 12:42:09

Sorry but the super restrictive DRM absolutely stops all hacking and dupes.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, sure, always-online DRM may mean that we have to deal with disconnects, server lag, 8 hour maintenance, etc. but it's important because otherwise people would be able to hack/bot/dupe.

Oh wait.
---
I live my life a Quarter Pounder at a time.
#29WhiteSkullPosted 6/10/2012 12:09:44 AM
Strife025 posted...
It's not duping and it's been secretly patched already.

It's a rollback, so you could rollback to before you crafted if you didn't like the items you got. Once it became widespread today on sites like reddit and bliz forums they hotfixed it fast.

The method was already posted on multiple underground sites.

I'm not going to go into detail since it's been patched, but it basically took advantage of waypoints, and the fact that when the host player leaves the game without getting a quest update the game disconnects for everyone, acting as if the trades and crafts never took place.
#30Zero_SnipePosted 6/10/2012 12:25:02 AM
Since it's been patched, can anyone reveal how the duping was done exactly? That would be pretty interesting.