I'm in need of some advice for Inferno Azmodan w/ Wizard

#1Alizia91Posted 6/10/2012 7:49:59 AM
Hey; I'm playing as a Wizard and I'm having a really hard time with Azmodan on Inferno. On Nightmare and Hell it was fine and I have no trouble avoiding his attacks, other than Hell's Grasp. It always seems to spring up underneath me while I'm moving and I have Diamond Skin and Teleport, but it tends to kill me before I have a chance to react/I get hit with another one afterwards while my cooldowns aren't up.
Currently using Venom Hydra, Arcane Orb, Diamond Skin, Teleport, Force Weapon and Force Armor with 37k hp, 32k dps, 5,400 armour and around 200 resist.
I'm just wondering is there any sorta trick for dealing with the fact that Hell's Grasp hits you before it's even visible, should I consider different skills or do I need to do some serious gear upgrades?
---
"This is the liberty we've won for ourselves!"
PSN/360 Gamertag: Lizzy91
#2plyr_hatrPosted 6/10/2012 8:03:13 AM
zig zag between the very edge of the circle (the map I mean) and some distance in while avoiding that attack? otherwise i think there is a rune for the familiar that reduces damage taken
---
I see that your schwartz is as big as mine...
#3ChaoticKanePosted 6/10/2012 8:03:33 AM
Try with high move speed boots. You might get move quick enough to dodge the first tick.
---
But lets not forget how deadly the zerg were in Starship troopers! Well until the Terrans got Marauders. - julbull73
#4BiglabronPosted 6/10/2012 8:04:30 AM
I'm no pro with wizards but why such low dps? It seems low to me.
---
Some people don't even know consoles are made by PC's, "palms face".
#5ShaphrionPosted 6/10/2012 8:12:35 AM
The first 3 always spawn on the outer ring. Then they start to spawn on you in 5 sec delay between each one.

They dont actually spawn on you. They spawn where they think you are going to be running too. So What I did is after 3rd one is run back and forth in a real close space. Then teleport the **** out of that spot.
---
To most Christians, the bible is like a license agreement. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I Agree".
#6ShaphrionPosted 6/10/2012 8:18:50 AM
Eh forgot to say you wont always be able to teleport. Basically count to 5 and make a hard U-Turn will get you out of most. Teleport for the screw ups in timing.
---
To most Christians, the bible is like a license agreement. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I Agree".
#7ZallKlosPosted 6/10/2012 8:24:04 AM
Or do it with friends. Just need 1 player to survive the pool and rez the others.
---
Are girls something with ".jpg" at the end of their name?
#8MilonPosted 6/10/2012 8:43:20 AM
What's your resists? I got mine to 70% reduction for all, my HP is 20k, armor 4k, and DPS is 12K, way lower than yours, and I was able to solo Azmodan (only died once). Azmodan is a lot easier than Belial in my opinion, and now, I am stuck at Diablo.

Here are the skills I used to beat Azmodan:

Blizzard (lower cost)
Venom Hydra
Crystal Diamond Skin
Frost Nova (Lower cool down)
Force Armor
Teleport Fracture

Passive:
Illusionist, Evocation, Spur

The dark pool can't one shot you if you have high enough resists. If you do get hit by one, immediately popped diamond skin, and teleport away (illusionist allows you to use teleport when you get hit). Don't forget to drink a pot as well.

Just keep kiting, letting your hydra do most of the damage, cast blizzard on the mobs and the summoning portals. When enemies are too close to you, cast Frost Nova and run away. It took me less than 15 minutes to kill him.

Hope this helps.
#9Alizia91(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 8:45:18 AM
Shaphrion posted...
The first 3 always spawn on the outer ring. Then they start to spawn on you in 5 sec delay between each one.

They dont actually spawn on you. They spawn where they think you are going to be running too. So What I did is after 3rd one is run back and forth in a real close space. Then teleport the **** out of that spot.

Hey thanks for that! I was able to beat it after knowing that pattern. Also I used the Illusionist Passive Skill so I could pretty much always Teleport out of there as soon as I knew it was coming and got hit by the first tick of damage.
---
"This is the liberty we've won for ourselves!"
PSN/360 Gamertag: Lizzy91